+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

So it's possible we are loading the midfield area for a reason.

I'm inclined to think there has to be a reasoning behind it.

A hunch in me says that Robbie wants key midfielders that can play every game of the quality to keep us up should we get up and that is just not Fyvie or Stanton sadly in terms of injury proneness.

Fwiw I rate both of them. Just a shame about their injury issues.

It seems Robbie has identified the midfield as the problem area for us. That's fair looking back I'd say. It's easy to blame the defence if the midfield aren't pulling their weight (the goal we conceded against Partick is a great example) and we know they haven't been creating enough chances for Safranko. He now has plenty of competition and options in there, that's for sure. The selection tomorrow will be interesting.

Also easy to say we need strikers even though they aren't getting service from existing midfield

Ultimately we need better than what we've got to stay up and be successful. Especially in the Prem

Think midfield has been a very weak position for us for too long. We have been to easy to play against with no creativity which makes our end product almost none existent.

Controversially I know i dnt think fyvie is all that. Decent player bt to negative with all the square and bck passing. RN has mentined from the start that he wants pace in the team and I think he sees the midfield area as being key to this, and for me fyvie distribution is too slow, and of course he is injury prone.

We are carrying too many below and average midfielders and we need a clear out.

I wouldnt be surprised to see less of fyvie and stanton in certain games. I also think there will be a 442 unless back to 352. In the two up front Cammy Smith may be included. Stanton should play further forward than holding mid. Lets see but he promised option on and off the park to change games. Wonder how harkes will develop (he is apparently weeks away from full fitness).

That Liam Smith came on as a sub as Ayr pumped out of cup (they are on freefall). Think i prefer Murdoch to be honest he didnae look too good

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    That Liam Smith came on as a sub as Ayr pumped out of cup (they are on freefall). Think i prefer Murdoch to be honest he didnae look too good
    To be fair, the playing surface that "looked in great shape", looked more like a council playing field! But the lad, who is now cup tied anyway, looked like he was a man on the move and didnt put in too much effort!

Fair point

Smiths not played for a few games now has he?

Pitch looked very very poor but as the saying goes both teams have to play on it.

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)