+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

Just as an aside - it wont have just been sprung on Robbie. The 2 year deal is the interesting part - down to robbie if he plays though. Now a RB and Striker and if they are yanks robbie had never heard of and can do th business excellent

I doubt transfers will simply get sprung on Robbie as if he's no say in the matter.

I don't care who identifies a target as long as they are good.

I'd be surprised if Robbie's nose would be put out of joint (more than it already is) about who identifies a player as long as the player does the business.

From now on all transfer deals will be negotiated by Asghar and Brannagin but I find it impossible to think that Robbie will have players he doesn't want forced on him. I'd expect Robbie to sign off on signings as much as Asghar etc.

Harkes seems to be the same type of player as Cammy Smith so maybe Harkes did get sprung on Robbie and Maybe we wouldn't have brought Cammy Smith in if he knew the Harkes deal was happening. Will Cammy Smith be prepared to play second fiddle again (previously to Andreu) to a better player?

Think it was Brannigan in his interview mentioned that they’d prepare lists of players based on Robbie’s requirements.

So some digging and asking Harkes seems similar to Cammy but i think Cammy will play further forward. I think he is more a threat to stanton being moved forward as he apparently has loads of energy and a box to box attacking midfielder. God i hope he is like Barry Robson lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    So some digging and asking Harkes seems similar to Cammy but i think Cammy will play further forward. I think he is more a threat to stanton being moved forward as he apparently has loads of energy and a box to box attacking midfielder. God i hope he is like Barry Robson lol
    or an Armstrong type

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Harkes seems to be the same type of player as Cammy Smith so maybe Harkes did get sprung on Robbie and Maybe we wouldn't have brought Cammy Smith in if he knew the Harkes deal was happening. Will Cammy Smith be prepared to play second fiddle again (previously to Andreu) to a better player?
    Smith was signed by this regime as was Harkes (who described hinself as box to box, Cammy a number 10). They'd be springing Harkes on themselves as well as Robbie.

I don't care if the boy is Walter Rojas' love child, as long as we get promoted out this cesspit.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I doubt transfers will simply get sprung on Robbie as if he's no say in the matter.

I don't care who identifies a target as long as they are good.

I'd be surprised if Robbie's nose would be put out of joint (more than it already is) about who identifies a player as long as the player does the business.

From now on all transfer deals will be negotiated by Asghar and Brannagin but I find it impossible to think that Robbie will have players he doesn't want forced on him. I'd expect Robbie to sign off on signings as much as Asghar etc.
    Agree and so far all seems happy with that as it lets Robbie get on with being Head Coach

“Ultimately the manager will be the decision-maker for players and first team selection.”

Asghar seems to be confirming that Robbie will decide which of the targets the scouts etc identifies that he wants.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...obbie-neilson/

Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)