+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Trying to put you doon! lol.

Settle sweetheart.

My post was re party's post about points since the Ayr game and nothing to do with the last quarter.

You need to get out more and don't even think about taking over Shedka's mantle as chief statto
    Sweetheart i wish!

And naebody could catch Shedkas mantle if it slipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I do have the same concerns, but i still dont see Ayr regaining their form to the levels of the 1st half of the season and think it will end up between us and Ross County for the run in. Where i think all top 3 will suffer is where teams i think are in a false position just now will start picking up results and take points off everyone. ICT has proved they can have a strong late run, Falkirk and Partick have strengthened and Dunfermline may do the same with a new manager!
    Hopefully a kick up the erse has hit the spot and we can be up for it from the start on Saturday!
    A lot of strong teams and everyone can beat each other. Morton I’d add to list of dangerous teams particularly as they have Sir PH on board

Personally I’m worried we are running out of matches to have a realistic chance of title

Ross co in particular will not be dropping that many points. A gap of 6 (and a goal difference that acts as an extra point) is the type of gap it can take a whole season to build up

Don’t forget QOS either who are more than capable of getting results against teams above them too.

Unfortunately in recent years teams have found us to be the soft touch for an easy win

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    A lot of strong teams and everyone can beat each other. Morton I’d add to list of dangerous teams particularly as they have Sir PH on board

Personally I’m worried we are running out of matches to have a realistic chance of title

Ross co in particular will not be dropping that many points. A gap of 6 (and a goal difference that acts as an extra point) is the type of gap it can take a whole season to build up
    Agreed, apart from the fact there aren't really any strong teams in this league. Ayr have energy, pace, organisation and a goalscorer for this level, County have steel and organisation. Fact is, both teams are bang average at best, as proven by St Midden in the top flight after walking our league last year.

Our problem isn't other teams, it's ourelves being seen as a soft touch by all the other squads. Which we are at the moment.

Here's hoping RN can do something about that or we're going nowhere again (Start with a keeper and 2 full backs?).

Quote Originally Posted by marradonna View Post
    Agreed, apart from the fact there aren't really any strong teams in this league. Ayr have energy, pace, organisation and a goalscorer for this level, County have steel and organisation. Fact is, both teams are bang average at best, as proven by St Midden in the top flight after walking our league last year.

Our problem isn't other teams, it's ourelves being seen as a soft touch by all the other squads. Which we are at the moment.

Here's hoping RN can do something about that or we're going nowhere again (Start with a keeper and 2 full backs?).
    I agree - keeper must be a priority

Seems bit late for anyone else before Saturday. Would mean new signings might have first league match in 6 pointer down at Ayr

Quote Originally Posted by Oddsox View Post
    Celtic set to spend very big on a right back, Rogers doesn’t fancy ralston - so maybes when rn says he may have to weight on big moves before we move, this may be on the cards.
    but he knocked back St Mirrens request of taking him on loan????

Quote Originally Posted by marradonna View Post
    to be fair to St Mirren they went all to f uck when Jack Ross left them, look at Livi...

Graeme Macpherson

@Graeme_Macphers
    Follow
    Follow @Graeme_Macphers

More
    Cammy Smith expected to complete his move from St Mirren to Dundee United this afternoon. Would be the 11th player to leave Saints this window.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    to be fair to St Mirren they went all to f uck when Jack Ross left them, look at Livi...

Exactly, st mirren can't be used as an example at all as they are a shadow of the side the were prompted due to Ross leaving and Stubbs and his signings disrupting everything, which is lucky for the fun

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Exactly, st mirren can't be used as an example at all as they are a shadow of the side the were prompted due to Ross leaving and Stubbs and his signings disrupting everything, which is lucky for the fun
    wasn't just new signings shedka he changed absolutely everything! Players and staff hated what he'd done and couldnt wait to get rid but it was too late. Unlucky for the Saints but a massive stroke of luck for Le Fun as you say.

Back on topic, happy for Smith to sign, IF, he plays behind Safranko. Nesbitt has to be wide otherwise we're bringing in players doubling up on positions when we cant afford that! Curran direct replacement being Smith works for me as he's better and as long as Nesbitt is replacing King or some chunt.

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)