+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

Nah tbf I posted that before watching his arabzone presser, now having watched it I feel better

Demeanour is fine and spoke perfect sense went regards signings, 16 games left, there will still be 14 left after window closes

I’d expect signings to be announced once Mr O has arrived and met with Robbie, everybody likes a bit of a fanfare especially yanks.

I don't think you can describe the man who kept his identity such a closely guarded secret until the club announced his name as being someone who enjoys fanfare.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I don't think you can describe the man who kept his identity such a closely guarded secret until the club announced his name as being someone who enjoys fanfare.
    I’m not suggesting for a minute that he will gallop down Tannadice Street on a horse with his Stetson in the air, however, Fanfares come in all shapes and sizes Frankie me boy doncha know, some will have the trumpets blaring, others will prefer good press releases of incoming players and the likes

That would be fun tbh.

But he's still not even confirmed he's going to come over. This boy likes privacy it would seem.

Maybe we are all taking funny to the idea of a privacy seeking owner after ST's hunger for media attention.

Apparently trying to get Thomas Cerny on loan from Aberdeen.

heard that too

Cerny would be good but i think may take a few games to get sharp.

Gomis one seems to be dragging on a wee bit too much and i can see why. Jimmy maybe wants regular games which he knows he will not get here. Maybe only offered a 6 month contract as well but wants more, which at 33 might be his last.

Looking at yesterdays zone interview with RN, i can see Cammy Smith signing, but maybe not til near the end of the window. With his comments on signings, i think he will pull a few rabbits out the hat, then maybe pull off the turn around in players that some people think is impossible in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Cerny would be good but i think may take a few games to get sharp.

Gomis one seems to be dragging on a wee bit too much and i can see why. Jimmy maybe wants regular games which he knows he will not get here. Maybe only offered a 6 month contract as well but wants more, which at 33 might be his last.

Looking at yesterdays zone interview with RN, i can see Cammy Smith signing, but maybe not til near the end of the window. With his comments on signings, i think he will pull a few rabbits out the hat, then maybe pull off the turn around in players that some people think is impossible in January.
    The problem with waiting is that we are gambling with the two remaining games to be played during the transfer window. We do not have the luxury of being able to fall more points behind the league leaders. Both Rossco and Ayr had very good runs this season, and though stuttering a bit, may soon recover and with possibly stronger squads may make it nigh impossible for us to catch them. If we cannot oust Partick and Alloa with our current mob, then what hope have we?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    The problem with waiting is that we are gambling with the two remaining games to be played during the transfer window. We do not have the luxury of being able to fall more points behind the league leaders. Both Rossco and Ayr had very good runs this season, and though stuttering a bit, may soon recover and with possibly stronger squads may make it nigh impossible for us to catch them. If we cannot oust Partick and Alloa with our current mob, then what hope have we?
    I do have the same concerns, but i still dont see Ayr regaining their form to the levels of the 1st half of the season and think it will end up between us and Ross County for the run in. Where i think all top 3 will suffer is where teams i think are in a false position just now will start picking up results and take points off everyone. ICT has proved they can have a strong late run, Falkirk and Partick have strengthened and Dunfermline may do the same with a new manager!
    Hopefully a kick up the erse has hit the spot and we can be up for it from the start on Saturday!

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)