+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I do have the same concerns, but i still dont see Ayr regaining their form to the levels of the 1st half of the season and think it will end up between us and Ross County for the run in. Where i think all top 3 will suffer is where teams i think are in a false position just now will start picking up results and take points off everyone. ICT has proved they can have a strong late run, Falkirk and Partick have strengthened and Dunfermline may do the same with a new manager!
    Hopefully a kick up the erse has hit the spot and we can be up for it from the start on Saturday!
    Ayr absolutely murdered us with a mixture of pace, ability, hunger and clinical finishing - all of which we sadly lack.

What makes you think they'll fade away. They are where they are on merit.

I do have the same concerns, but i still dont see Ayr regaining their form to the levels of the 1st half of the season and think it will end up between us and Ross County for the run in. Where i think all top 3 will suffer is where teams i think are in a false position just now will start picking up results and take points off everyone. ICT has proved they can have a strong late run, Falkirk and Partick have strengthened and Dunfermline may do the same with a new manager!
    Hopefully a kick up the erse has hit the spot and we can be up for it from the start on Saturday!
    Your assessment actually paints a more risky scenario than my one does and is probably more valid. However, you see us improving to be front runners with Rossco and Ayr faltering. Yes Ayr may slide, but unless we get half a team at least, of good players in, I cannot see us making a worthwhile improvement. Compared with Ayr, Rossco and Caley, we are dross v. the rest, especially considering our leaking defence and inability to achieve anything more than scraping through wins. If the other sleeping giants do put in a shift for the remainder of the season, then our results v. Partick and Alloa are good indicators of what to expect.

On the one hand it may be a time for patience, but on the other hand, we cannot risk throwing away more points.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Ayr absolutely murdered us with a mixture of pace, ability, hunger and clinical finishing - all of which we sadly lack.

They also haven’t won since. They’re (slowly) fading

Celtic set to spend very big on a right back, Rogers doesn’t fancy ralston - so maybes when rn says he may have to weight on big moves before we move, this may be on the cards.

It would be nice if once our new owner sees the extent of the problem on Saturday he may be tempted to splash some cash. If not he won't see any return from his investment anytime soon. Off topic somewhat, can we expect any joaby McCall style rousing speeches to the Arab massive from Mr Ogren?

And that they will do again at the end of the month. What i believe is linked to other teams gaining some ground back on the rest of us rather than anything else, and in the hope we can repel similar slip ups to what happened over the last 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Your assessment actually paints a more risky scenario than my one does and is probably more valid. However, you see us improving to be front runners with Rossco and Ayr faltering.
    On the one hand it may be a time for patience, but on the other hand, we cannot risk throwing away more points.
    I dont see my comment as more valid than yours.

And i dont see us improving too much from the second quarter of the season, but expect us to pick up more points along the way! But if RN doesnt get the players he wants in by the end of the window, that view will change!

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    They also haven’t won since. They’re (slowly) fading
    We've picked up 6 points from a possible 15 since the Ayr game but Chick reckons it's between us and Coonty!!!

I reckon Ayr will still be in the mix come the end of the season and maybe ICT.

We really need to win on Saturday though and hope Ayr & Coonty drop points away to difficult opponents. A draw is no good.

We've picked up 6 points from a possible 15 since the Ayr game but Chick reckons it's between us and Coonty!!!

I reckon Ayr will still be in the mix come the end of the season and maybe ICT.

We really need to win on Saturday though and hope Ayr & Coonty drop points away to difficult opponents. A draw is no good.
    Well that gave me a laugh anyway! If your gonna try and put me doon, make sure your research holds water!

Last quarter us, 20 points, Ayr 16, possibly 19 if they win their game in hand v ICT and RC 16 points!

Last 5 us, 6 points, Ayr 6 and RC 8. Alloa(9) are the only team that betters that with Morton equaling RC.

Hardly setting the heather on fire so sorry for clinging on to a wee bit of hope that we might actually do it this season! Someone commented recently about ICTs 70 points target that i dont think even the wining team will achieve this season.

Down to the wire!

Well that gave me a laugh anyway! If your gonna try and put me doon, make sure your research holds water!

Last quarter us, 20 points, Ayr 16, possibly 19 if they win their game in hand v ICT and RC 16 points!

Last 5 us, 6 points, Ayr 6 and RC 8. Alloa(9) are the only team that betters that with Morton equaling RC.

Hardly setting the heather on fire so sorry for clinging on to a wee bit of hope that we might actually do it this season! Someone commented recently about ICTs 70 points target that i dont think even the wining team will achieve this season.

Down to the wire!
    Trying to put you doon! lol.

Settle sweetheart.

My post was re party's post about points since the Ayr game and nothing to do with the last quarter.

You need to get out more and don't even think about taking over Shedka's mantle as chief statto

Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)