+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: January window

The more i hear from the new regime, the more i think Robbie was the first cog in the new box, and all players have been chosen by 2 guys who know what each other are looking for. Im sure as part of his consultation process and knowing RN, Asghar put him forward as head coach where Robbie has said from day one, someone is coming in above me. I think after the poor start that the new guys got their man in early!

MK Dons manager saying he cant wait to see Sow back in first team regularly after injuries. Sounds like a non starter for us then?

Unless he has heard what has been said about money being made available to Robbie and is trying to strengthen Dons' negotiating position.

Never know

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    “Ultimately the manager will be the decision-maker for players and first team selection.”

Asghar seems to be confirming that Robbie will decide which of the targets the scouts etc identifies that he wants.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...obbie-neilson/
    I sincerely hope so, anything else is unacceptable.
    #nointerferenceplease

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I suggest non, originally at least. But as said he will have final say on players. Having said that i hope he can handle getting some americans etc as that will be a strategy here. It certainly is a change and i cant see harkes even training with us before? Lots of clubs do this lots of managers hate it. Time will tell.
    Could well be S71, if they new heid bummers identify talent in the states it could well be that they will bring them over to put them on display. Very similar to Mad Vlad and his Lithuanian project. Robbies job, as first team coach, would be to get the best out of the said player in a successful team as this is what reallly brings along the fitba scouts, and ultimately profit through sales. It’s a tried and trusted formula, but depends on how decent the conveyor belt of talent in the states.

As an aside, most of the Universities/colleges in the states offer soccer scholarships on a much bigger and grander scale than any of the football academies in the UK, and if Mr O and his team can, or have got a foothold on this then we may be onto something! Time will tell though, just hope it gets us the phukk away from this division and makes us stronger in the future.

Interesting (& good) points ahlltan

The 'interference' as you describe it can be acceptable.

My view is maybe a bit old fashioned.
    Last edited by ARAbCHNID; 17-01-2019 at 08:20 AM.

We're interested in Jordan Rossiter, according to the Daily Express

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Steven-Gerrard

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post

He’s played about 10 mins of football since signing for them. Constantly injured and another cm. It’s a no from me

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post

We could do with another midfielder

RB and striker more important.

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)