+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bottom 3 this week bottom 3 next week.What are we going to do about it ?

Our player sales have equalled what we have spent blueheeler1. It is clear the Chairman and Board of Directors prefer solvency and cash in the hand to risking player investment.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Norder you speak as if the problem is entirely the Board and SD is the victim.

I point to 55M spent and it doesn't look like keeping us up.

What have Bournemouth spent by comparison?

Relegation is harder to bear than SD leaving.
    Bournemouth, who are mainly owned by the Russian, Demin, who is very evasive and has unknown wealth from the petrochemical industry, have spent a net amount of £136.18 Million over the last 5 seasons which included 1 season in The Championship.

During this same period and also including one season in The Championship, Burnley, whose owners are known to all and who, collectively, are said to be worth about half of what Demin is worth, have spent a net amount of £80.67 Million.

The above figures include this current season.
    During the last 5 completed seasons, Bournemouth have finished above The Clarets twice in the league set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Bournemouth, who are mainly owned by the Russian, Demin, who is very evasive and has unknown wealth from the petrochemical industry, have spent a net amount of £136.18 Million over the last 5 seasons which included 1 season in The Championship.

During this same period and also including one season in The Championship, Burnley, whose owners are known to all and who, collectively, are said to be worth about half of what Demin is worth, have spent a net amount of £80.67 Million.

The above figures include this current season.
    During the last 5 completed seasons, Bournemouth have finished above The Clarets twice in the league set up.
    Bournemouth will almost certainly be plying their trade in the EPL next season, in all likelihood we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bournemouth will almost certainly be plying their trade in the EPL next season, in all likelihood we won't.
    Que sera sera, although it does appear, from reading the majority of comments posted on here, that the vast majority of fans will be much happier if we are playing at a lower level because they expect that the level of football will improve.
    I shall await the outcome of this season and also see whether they introduce VAR in all divisions of the English league.
    If they do that, I reckon that it will save me the thick end of £1000 with my non-attendance at games, however, if it is only introduced into the PL and we are relegated, I shall happily pay out whatever it costs to go to the matches.

Every cloud may have a sliver lining!

The question was ''"What are we going to do about it" ?

I shall cover my whole body in ash,from dust we came and to dust everything goes . I shall wear 'sackcloth' just as my fore fathers did in ancient times. I shall sit on the tallest mountains ,reflecting what have I done with my life till now.
    Why my passion has been about 22 men kicking a 'bag ' of wind about ? Then this person of death,some guy in black tells them whats right and wrong ,perhaps playing God? But the best is, when that 'bag' of air goes into some frame work, painted in white,the people watching go absolutely totally crazy!!.....''Et oportet ad insaniam convertunt!''

That's the tonic Balan and just what we need: "quite a few of those occasions when that 'bag' of air goes into some frame work, painted in white",

Continue B T .........'' go absolutely totally crazy!!'' Heres a Merry Christmas season for you all. Arsenal 1 ,Burnley 5 .
    Burnley 5, Everton 0. Burnley 4, West Ham United 0. See wonders happen at Christmas !!

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Norder you speak as if the problem is entirely the Board and SD is the victim.....
    I don't see that - Heeler....as said "if isn't backed" or "doesn't cut it"....but either way - if we don't see improvement, I can't see how he'd be let (or let himself) continue...dragging us through to the end of season - as why should we be any different from any other team - when stagnating....make for change.

Reality is mal Wayne that we don’t have the players to compete at this level nor do we have a manager who will play open expansive football hence we are served up dross to be honest at the moment.
    I’m a bit like a few more on here that if we’re going down we may as well have a go at teams.
    I don’t mean spurs tbh as we’d probably of got mullered but there are a lot of teams we could have a go at, and don’t.
    We just got found out and it’s a mixture of no investment in the team to mean anything anyway ( Gibson bought purely to replace Mee who was leaving should the offer have come and Vydra was a panic buy because we just didn’t do any business ) and rigid tactics that are old hat now I think.
    ( it’s like an Fa cup tie every week and we look like the the non leaguers against the premiership high flyers.).
    I’ve said this before but it’s really starting to get to me , I really don’t mind losing if we actually contribute to the game —— something I haven’t seen for some time from us.
    How can you have centre forwards at any level who don’t try and beat a man and get shots away, if we add to the team we will have a fairly strong championship side for next year.
    Dyche will not stay especially if it carries on like it is I think whilst he is partially to blame structure wise and defensive tactics he hasn’t been backed imo anyway - the man performed miracles - problem is our board are still expecting more miracles for no money.
    Said before if Dyche manages to keep Burnley in this league against all the odds it will be his greatest achievement ever, I believe he deserves our backing to be fair to him —— it must be hard trying to box with one hand tied behind your back.

Last season, after 17 games we had 31 points and there were not many complaining then, even though we had scored 16 goals and conceded 12.
    This season, everyone is saying that it is boring and yet we have scored only one goal less and have conceded 21 more ---how can you say that that is boring when you were happy to see just 28 goals in 17 matches last season and have seen 48 in the same number this season?
    It has to be much more entertaining when you are seeing an average of 2.82 goals per match rather than 1.65 last season.
    Loads of fans are saying that it is goals that they want to see, however, they are finding this season boring!

So if we manage to pick up several single goal wins this will also not satisfy our fans, although it did last season.

It's a funny old game, as Greavsie used to say in an era when goals were often plentiful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)