+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bottom 3 this week bottom 3 next week.What are we going to do about it ?

Bottom 3 this week bottom 3 next week.What are we going to do about it ?

Despite the small signs that we are doing slightly better, it seems to me as though there has to be one hell of an improvement to et up that league to a respectable position. Yesterday’s result was disappointing, if only for the fact that once again ,we could not manage a shot on target in the 90 minutes.Looking around the foot of the table, you wouldn’t hold out much hope for either Fulham or Huddersfield. Southampton’s new manager looks to have given them belief and they deserved their win against Arsenal. Where does that leave us ? Like the Saints you would think ,we would both be up in mid table somewhere. Something has to change. A couple of wins on the trot would change our position quite dramatically , but when you cannot get even one shot on target, then what chance do you have.? The manager seems happy enough , but it’s clear the fans are not. We are not asking for miracles to happen, all we want is for some indication that things will improve in the new year and get into a respectable position. Is it too much to ask ? From where I am sitting it looks as though it is.

Precisely malwayne-you can have the best defence in the world but if you cannot put a shot on target in 90 minutes you are going to be relegated.What are we going to do about it?Knowing the Board probably try and tempt Peter Crouch to come and play for us.Apart from that going on past experience, nothing.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 16-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.

In my well-trusted manner, I shall do absolutely nothing about it and I won't even worry about it because there is not a thing that I can do to influence things other than to go to the matches and give my support as I have always done.
    It's only a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    In my well-trusted manner, I shall do absolutely nothing about it and I won't even worry about it because there is not a thing that I can do to influence things other than to go to the matches and give my support as I have always done.
    It's only a game.
    When i was young,...Burnley were usually at the attacking end of the Field in the late sixties ,..And we usually got DONE By what we are trying to achieve now,.....Holding The Fort out,...And Stumped at last man

OH my word ,...I Bet Sean is Livid.....?

am just waiting to see what the window brings - in hope we'll let some light in - but anyway, it's either do or dont....and if we don't see improvement, then how can S.D last - but then don't imagine he'd want to be pushed....so perhaps if isn't backed, or doesn't think he can cut it even - then he 'll walk anyway.

"What are we going to do about it" ?

When the Manager keeps saying things are getting better when we have a non functioning attack who cannot get a shot in, no flair and no creativity, then there is a very severe problem, especially when those at the very top did not see fit to strengthen after the so called highs of last season so would seem very reluctant to splash out to save our bacon when we are in the mire.

The writing was on the wall last season, more than a few on here recognised it, but the Board chanced it (again) and have paid the price with below par Football for the Championship let alone the PL and will probably lose the league that fills the coffers.
    Last edited by Altobelli; 16-12-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Still ever the pessimist I see Alto..lol...Trouble is I'm beginning to agree with you..

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    "What are we going to do about it" ?

When the Manager keeps saying things are getting better when we have a non functioning attack who cannot get a shot in, no flair and no creativity, then there is a very severe problem, especially when those at the very top did not see fit to strengthen after the so called highs of last season so would seem very reluctant to splash out to save our bacon when we are in the mire.

The writing was on the wall last season, more than a few on here recognised it, but the Board chanced it (again) and have paid the price with below par Football for the Championship let alone the PL and will probably lose the league that fills the coffers.
    That just about sums it up perfectly Alto.No surprises in January.One GK or maybe two outed for good profit then possibly a couple of cheap sub PL standard inboards(possible centre backs)to pacify the sheep then wait for the inevitable which includes nice bonuses for the board for our foray into the PL.

Like the other thread on this message board says, it's poor recruitment that is costing us dear. Can a leopard change it's spots? In our case, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

am just waiting to see what the window brings - in hope we'll let some light in - but anyway, it's either do or dont....and if we don't see improvement, then how can S.D last - but then don't imagine he'd want to be pushed....so perhaps if isn't backed, or doesn't think he can cut it even - then he 'll walk anyway.

Norder you speak as if the problem is entirely the Board and SD is the victim.

I point to 55M spent and it doesn't look like keeping us up.

What have Bournemouth spent by comparison?

Relegation is harder to bear than SD leaving.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)