+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T The Long Song

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That you are taking a serious issue and using it to make a daft and rather silly political point.
    If there's anyone on here who's daft you're the one
    & if you don't think slavery is political you need your bumps felt & what's more these people's ancestors were compensated from public funds for "loss of property/income" Don't think ordinary Joe would have been involved
    Our history stinks & continues to this day with silly people like you trying to defend it by saying well lots of others did it so it's ok
    I will conclude by referring you to post 10
    Where have I held Cameron responsible for his ancestors
    What I do hold him responsible for is not even calling the referendum but being the spineless nomark that he amply demonstrated by leaving as quickly as he did
    Him, Rees Mogg et al are not the sort of people that I would wish to be governed by
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 16-12-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think slavery is a pretty serious subject.
    Perhaps a new film..... The long, yawning whine!.......!!
    We know it happened, Many white people made persons of a foreign culture into slaves. and how times move on.
    Unfortunately, IN THE MODERN WORLD, it seems that the white People have stopped this practice, and that the MODERN SLAVE is most definitely predominantly mastered by their own race.
    I don’t see the massive TV documentaries, and Film industry portraying this though....,,, because IF they did..... there would be an outcry by the “Community” that still do this practice, protesting that such films are targeting and stereotyping them.
    But it’s OK to release a film, amd documentary to keep banging the drum about slavery as long as you are portraying ONLY the white person as the “Master”!
    Last edited by Jules88; 17-12-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Jules you don't seem to appreciate the sheer magnitude of slavery perpetrated by white slavers It was world wide

Slavery was widely practiced by people of every ethnicity. To portray it as something that only white people did is plain wrong.

I think slavery was abolished and it should stay in the past where it belongs. What good does raking through the past help? Other than stirring up more bad feeling about something that Britain still hasn't been forgiven for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think slavery was abolished and it should stay in the past where it belongs. What good does raking through the past help? Other than stirring up more bad feeling about something that Britain still hasn't been forgiven for.
    We haven't even seen the programme yet so I 'm not sure that we should sweep it under the carpet under the banner of
    Well many others practiced it so we're not that bad really
    If we don't understand history we will be condemned to repeat it
    Can't understand why Kerr would single out Corbyn for his alleged anti semitic views when
    many people & nations have expressed anti semitic views over the centuries...... Doesn't make it right though does it?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 17-12-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123