+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: just voted for ....................

Where are the personalities though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Where are the personalities though?
    I think that word personality should be dropped Steve owd pal, but when you get people like David Beckham winning it they win it with there personality and not being the best in there sport.
    Last edited by upthecolliers; 17-12-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Getting like Oscars a load of bo%%ox

Agree Dooali. Too P.C. Women moan they don't win any of the big awards. Then low and behold they win best sporting moment of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Getting like Oscars a load of bo%%ox
    Just don't watch it.

It's got its good points and bad points it brings back memory's of the years sport and as a sports enthusiast I find it entertaining.

We celebrated the World Cup 2018 as if we'd won it which is slightly cringe worthy television in my opinion. I'm glad Southgate was sheepish about the whole thing and you could see how uncomfortable he was trying to gloss over the fact that we lost.

The netball team actually WON summat though, did thesens and the nation proud. They had SUCCESS and actually ACHIEVED summat, the pinnacle of their dreams as kids in their respective sport. Those words av highlighted are words tha simply cant associate wi the England football team am sorry to say. Just because certain spooarts dunt hit the heights of popularity shunt tek owt away from what thev worked bloody hard to achieve. Deserved award in my opinion even though am not an avid netball watcher.

We celebrated the World Cup 2018 as if we'd won it which is slightly cringe worthy television in my opinion. I'm glad Southgate was sheepish about the whole thing and you could see how uncomfortable he was trying to gloss over the fact that we lost.

Totally agree mate. This country has an unfortunate problem of celebrating the 'nearly men' and always has done. Open top bus after Italia 90, do me a favour. Look I don't want to tek owt away from them boys but if we celebrate 4th place like that then what message does it send out? It sends out that failure is acceptable. If the Germans would've lost a semi final they'd have gone home wi the tails between legs and kept a low profile. That's because they set very high standards and thats something this country needs to do. Look I'm not knocking them because we are making progress under Southgate but the mentality needs to change.

I think Southgate was indeed uncomfortable last night because he's a winner and wants to get away from that 'nearly men' tag/mentality. Its great to see a blowk at the helm with integrity. Its been a long time in coming for our national team. He's also English which is how it should be, he knows what it means unlike the over rated Erikson and Capello.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    The netball team actually WON summat though, did thesens and the nation proud. They had SUCCESS and actually ACHIEVED summat, the pinnacle of their dreams as kids in their respective sport. Those words av highlighted are words tha simply cant associate wi the England football team am sorry to say. Just because certain spooarts dunt hit the heights of popularity shunt tek owt away from what thev worked bloody hard to achieve. Deserved award in my opinion even though am not an avid netball watcher.
    I don't mind beach volleyball

I don't mind beach volleyball
    Dirty minded bugga

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast