+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norwich(home)predictions

Well, exactly what you might expect at our current stage of development. Norwich have more quality and are very good at controlling possession, but we looked good for half an hour at the start of the second half. Unfortunately, we are still not converting a high enough percentage of our chances. Also, Dack had a nothing sort of game - "just when we needed him most" - especially compared to Graham.
    In true football, eat-your-words fashion, Raya, Nyambe, Bell and Williams all played well, having got a lot of stick last week!
    If I was managing, Palmer, Armstrong and Brereton would not even be on the bench against Leeds. I think BB needs a spell in the Under-23s, playing in his natural position, just to build confidence. Palmer does nothing off the ball, and shouldn't be retained. Armstrong is a puzzle. He might be better in Dack's position, but that isn't going to happen.
    TM was very bold to bring on two attackers, in Palmer and Brereton, anyway. I'm the cautious type; I'd have gone for Rodwell and Rothwell. My hindsight is 20-20, though!
    We could really have done with Bennett, Conway and a fully-mobile Reed in that final 15 minutes.
    Let's hope we are assured as Norwich next season, but without their two or three prima donnas, who fell over every time Smallwood breathed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Well, exactly what you might expect at our current stage of development. Norwich have more quality and are very good at controlling possession, but we looked good for half an hour at the start of the second half. Unfortunately, we are still not converting a high enough percentage of our chances. Also, Dack had a nothing sort of game - "just when we needed him most" - especially compared to Graham.
    In true football, eat-your-words fashion, Raya, Nyambe, Bell and Williams all played well, having got a lot of stick last week!
    If I was managing, Palmer, Armstrong and Brereton would not even be on the bench against Leeds. I think BB needs a spell in the Under-23s, playing in his natural position, just to build confidence. Palmer does nothing off the ball, and shouldn't be retained. Armstrong is a puzzle. He might be better in Dack's position, but that isn't going to happen.
    TM was very bold to bring on two attackers, in Palmer and Brereton, anyway. I'm the cautious type; I'd have gone for Rodwell and Rothwell. My hindsight is 20-20, though!
    We could really have done with Bennett, Conway and a fully-mobile Reed in that final 15 minutes.
    Let's hope we are assured as Norwich next season, but without their two or three prima donnas, who fell over every time Smallwood breathed on them.
    Ben needs dropping for a few games. The fans.....if you can call them that....have turned. They where on his back from his first touch yesterday. His head is down. At 19 he's still raw, and confidence plays a huge part. I'm not a fan of bringing him on for 20 mins max. It's not enough to make an impact. He is now suffering. Take him out of the squad. Palmer just isn't going to do it here sadly. Send him back.
    I just agree 100% with every single word Aucks. They didn't look much better than us imo. They passed it nicely but it was all at the back without hurting us. They onky opened us up once before the goal. We carried the greater threat. Graham should've scored. Dack who was poor yesterday, had a good chance which came to him quickly. Dack had the look of a player who has well & truly had his head turned. And did not want to be there. If he carries on like that, work with West Ham to get the £15m offer over £25m and we are on.
    The case of Armstrong. We have no midfield who can pass a ball. Reed is not going to do it, neither Smallwood or Evans are capable of being clever enough to play a winger in. So we are wasting one of the quickest wingers in the league. No point getting Cjspmam. We can't get a winger in a game. The only player at our club who can find a pass, and ran the game away at Bolton, is Rodwell. But he doesn't fancy him in CM. We have to stop this 2 holding CM's. It's just not working. Time for a change.
    3-5-2
    Lenihan Downing Mulgrew
    Nyambe Bell (who was excellent yesterday) at WB's.
    Bennett Reed Dack
    Armstrong Graham

Dack needs 2 in front of him. And drops too deep to play up front. Graham needs help up front.
    I'm concerned about Leeds. We are going to be missing Reed, Charlie, Bennett etc. We need those players. And the next few games will be so tough. I feel we could be in the bottom 8 after the WBA gsme. And the time is not to panic. It was inevitable things would start to balance out. But we will soon be looking over our shoulder, as opposed to looking up. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe we will get a few results? We've played well vrs the best sides. But we need half a team, and at Leeds we won't even have that. Had it not been for injuries, we wouldn't have lost yesterday. We could have won that 1-0 just has easily as We lost 1-0.

I didn't like them tbh. I didn't like the diving. They actually injured a few of ours. And did not do anything like enough to walk away with 3 points. I've seen many better sides than them this season. I'm unconvinced thet are good enough to go up.

Yet again not seen anything of the match , just read reports.
    Yep I’m afraid I’m still of the same mind re : BB and Palmer.
    I still think we may live to regret not ‘properly trialling’ BB (even at U23) level to get him fired up. It’s really down to the lads make up and whether he will become frustrated and ‘switch off’ before TM is prepared to use him in what is allegedly his proper position.
    As for Palmer, that to me is a punt that is not suited to our (TM’s) play.
    Even so we are still in and around the league position I would expect.

Champs - I thought Norwich looked significantly better than Birmingham - but what did the latter do on Saturday? Win three-nil, away.
    No wonder predictions are difficult in this Division!
    I see that Hull are the latest team to go on a run, and yet they looked poor earlier in the season.
    My cousin - who is, admittedly, very biased - emailed to say Bristol City played well enough to beat Derby too.
    Leeds are clearly the best team at the moment.
    However I twist and turn it, I really can't see us getting a point there. Let's just say it would be a major turn-up, especially with key players missing.

I feel brereton would benefit from some time in the under 23's then return in dacks role
    He isn't a winger and he looks lost up front.
    Now what about dack?he looks very uninterested in playing for us
    Is this because of the interest from elsewhere?or the fact our results have been dipping recently?Bradley dack needs to remember who gave him the platform to perform
    Playing poorly won't get him a move
    I think 15-20 million in January then reinvest completely in the squad
    Too much reliance on dack to rescue us we as a club can only move forward if we don't look to him all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)