+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Totally agree.
    You won't be surprised to hear that I do not lay blame at Logan, Considine, Lewis, nor even Lowe who dived in at the half way line.
    You would be surprised whom I do apportion blame to
    I'd need to see it again on TV but from the RDS it looked to me that Lowe had most culpability

Totally agree.
    You won't be surprised to hear that I do not lay blame at Logan, Considine, Lewis, nor even Lowe who dived in at the half way line.
    Cmon then try ma, who do you apportion blame to, Donkey Cosgrove maybe, as he was the one to lose initial possession ffs

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 19-12-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I'd need to see it again on TV but from the RDS it looked to me that Lowe had most culpability
    He certainly sold himself allowing the Dundee boy to turn and pick out a pass, but I think it goes back further than that.
    Just my opinion mind you

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    McKenna and Logan (and Lewis thereafter) take a lot of the blame for me. But it was 4:0 they switched off, not ideal but given where we have been rather they were complacent at 4:0 than headless chickens at 0:0. I think (as against St. Mirren) Devlin's presence is sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Cmon then try ma, who do you apportion blame to, Donkey Cosgrove maybe

SF
    Steady yourselves........
    I actually think McInnes was to blame.

We were very comfortable, on top of the game and then he started making some strange substitutions.
    The first one, Ball for May was ludicrous.
    I get he may have been saving May for Saturday, but why Ball? It changed our formation and encouraged their defence to be able to step out into midfield, allowing them to get further up the park and more bodies in midfield.
    We hadn't adapted / set to the change in formation and the uncertainty in the responsibilities of the players at that point was the root cause for me as to why they got the opportunity in the first place.

Great strike from the boy though, I understand thats a couple he's scored now in recent weeks.
    Maybe one to watch.
    I also quite liked some of the things their left back (Nathan Ralph) did in the game.
    Maybe one to replace Lowe with, although he's contracted till 2020

Form has been good since GMS was sidelined with his head injury. Coincidence? I think he’s a good player but we don’t really seem to have missed him, thus far anyway! Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Form has been good since GMS was sidelined with his head injury. Coincidence? I think he’s a good player but we don’t really seem to have missed him, thus far anyway! Thoughts?
    It would appear that McLennan has more than adequately filled his boots.
    He's taken his opportunity.
    If he was not waiting, ready, then it may have been different.

Also we have put out a more attacking formation of late, playing a striker int he no 10 role as opposed to a midfielder there has potentially helped drag us up higher on the pitch and led to more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

One thing that did concern me last night was the substitution of Stevie May for Dom Ball. Now as it happened Ball did fine enough (although that's easier when playing for the dominant team), but why did Del-boy think Ball was required at that stage of the game?
    Presume as we know Ferguson is suspended for the Livi game that he wants to keep Ball sharp by giving him some decent minutes rather than a 3 minute cameo when we are wasting time at the end of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    What about the SJ game?

Totally agree.
    I’m more surprised you are still here,you said you were off to Donstalk yesterday.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast