+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m more surprised you are still here,you said you were off to Donstalk yesterday.
    That's right. Maybe he did a McInnes and went to speak to them, accepted/soul searched(delete as applicable) but something at the last minute spooked him so he came back

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m more surprised you are still here,you said you were off to Donstalk yesterday.
    I have started posting there.
    Nae a lot of traffic though

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's right. Maybe he did a McInnes and went to speak to them, accepted/soul searched(delete as applicable) but something at the last minute spooked him so he came back
    Looking back through the posts, there does not appear to be as much people suffering from incontinence.

Excellent result and good to see Sam getting another two !!

The only concern i had was Ball coming on for May... hopefully its not Derek giving him game time for his inevitable 1 up top against the tims and playing 6/7 defensive minded players. We are scoring goals for fun just now with two up top, so has to stay like that.

Last few games have been good - 7 wins from the last 9 league games.

I think there's been a few factors...
    > Although we've had a couple of injuries to key players (Devlin & GMS) we've had a pretty settled lineup rather than the chopping and changing we had earlier in the season
    > Playing with 2 up top suits our strikers better - May & Cosgrove both play better with a partner
    > We seem to be getting the ball wide and getting more crosses into the box, which again suits the likes of Cosgrove, May, McGinn and McLennan - rather than battering long balls through the middle or down the channels for people to hopelessly chase.

Overall last night was a really good performance. The substitutions bemused me a little though...
    > May has done a lot of running in recent weeks so fair enough taking him off - not sure there was a need to replace him with a defensive midfielder like Ball though. If McInnes wanted to give Ball some minutes to keep him sharp he could have brought him on for Shinnie or Ferguson, both of whom could do with a rest.
    > Wilson on was a strange one when we had Anderson and Wright on the bench also. Most of us seem to feel that Wilson will be off in January and his loan hasn't really worked out, so what's the point in giving him the game time when the match is already won - surely better to invest the 20-30 mins in one of our youngsters.
    > Forrester it seems will be lucky to last the season here as he's just simply not good enough. In the time he was given last night he did nothing to stake a claim - he took 3 corners in a row that were utterly woeful. Last night was perfect opportunity for him to come on and put a lot of energy into 20 minutes against a team that were dejected, but he just wandered about the park and didn't get involved. I wouldn't bother giving him any more game time. Gleeson even more so - I can't see how there's any point having a player like him on the bench - why would you ever bring him on?

Big dilemma for McInnes is what to do when GMS is fit again. Also, what happens in Jan if Lowe goes back to Derby. He has made a big difference to us - going back to Considine at LB just won't do (as much as I was delighted for him getting his brace last night).

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Looking back through the posts, there does not appear to be as much people suffering from incontinence.
    On this thread? But you will notice that the "usual suspects" are here crediting the team after a win. Proving your usual theory wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    On this thread? But you will notice that the "usual suspects" are here crediting the team after a win. Proving your usual theory wrong.
    Does it?
    There is a lot of veiled credits being given I grant you that.
    There are some that still blame certain players, but I'm going to take that as a joke / wind up attembpt.
    Glad to see at least some positivity following a good win.

There are others that just want to bring up non related issues to slate the club, so for some there is no change.

My theory still stands though, you see significantly more traffic of posts in here when there is an opportunity to be negative than when we are winning.

Livi was a prime example of that, I came back from the game and read a barrage of negative posts as we went down 2-1. There simply was not a similar level of posts following our win

My theory still stands though, you see significantly more traffic of posts in here when there is an opportunity to be negative than when we are winning.

Livi was a prime example of that, I came back from the game and read a barrage of negative posts as we went down 2-1. There simply was not a similar level of posts following our win
    Nae twa doots about that. Pant p1shers fairly quick to hit the keyboard when things go awry, compared to the happy clappers doing the same when we win.

Spose you could level that at a lot of fitba fans of various teams.

However, there is a hoorin' amount of doom and gloom-ing amoungst the Dandies, hiz to be said.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 19-12-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Does it?
    There are some that still blame certain players, but I'm going to take that as a joke / wind up attembpt.

There are others that just want to bring up non related issues to slate the club, so for some there is no change.

So, you are saying folk were venting their anger when there was over half the game to go??

Can you imagine.......god forbid we managed to reach a final versus AC Milan......@ half time we are 3-0 down, can just imagine certain posters on here.......well, I know who I would want in the trenches for the second half.....you never know, just ask Slippy G.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Last few games have been good - 7 wins from the last 9 league games.

I think there's been a few factors...
    > Although we've had a couple of injuries to key players (Devlin & GMS) we've had a pretty settled lineup rather than the chopping and changing we had earlier in the season
    > Playing with 2 up top suits our strikers better - May & Cosgrove both play better with a partner
    > We seem to be getting the ball wide and getting more crosses into the box, which again suits the likes of Cosgrove, May, McGinn and McLennan - rather than battering long balls through the middle or down the channels for people to hopelessly chase.

Overall last night was a really good performance. The substitutions bemused me a little though...
    > May has done a lot of running in recent weeks so fair enough taking him off - not sure there was a need to replace him with a defensive midfielder like Ball though. If McInnes wanted to give Ball some minutes to keep him sharp he could have brought him on for Shinnie or Ferguson, both of whom could do with a rest.
    > Wilson on was a strange one when we had Anderson and Wright on the bench also. Most of us seem to feel that Wilson will be off in January and his loan hasn't really worked out, so what's the point in giving him the game time when the match is already won - surely better to invest the 20-30 mins in one of our youngsters.
    > Forrester it seems will be lucky to last the season here as he's just simply not good enough. In the time he was given last night he did nothing to stake a claim - he took 3 corners in a row that were utterly woeful. Last night was perfect opportunity for him to come on and put a lot of energy into 20 minutes against a team that were dejected, but he just wandered about the park and didn't get involved. I wouldn't bother giving him any more game time. Gleeson even more so - I can't see how there's any point having a player like him on the bench - why would you ever bring him on?

Big dilemma for McInnes is what to do when GMS is fit again. Also, what happens in Jan if Lowe goes back to Derby. He has made a big difference to us - going back to Considine at LB just won't do (as much as I was delighted for him getting his brace last night).
    A very good post Don and a refreshing change from the constant bickering and point scoring presently infecting this board.

I'm in wholehearted agreement with all the points you raise although I just wonder if we should just persist with Forrester for the season. I'm sure there is a decent, creative midfield player in there somewhere but we haven't seen it at all yet...

Gleeson surely will leave in January, as you say he's serving himself or the club no purpose

He will take GMS back in but I suspect GMS has been part of the problem. He's an individualist compared to the more team minded McLennan. I'd be reluctant to change a winning formula (even though its been against teams that we should be beating) due to the confidence that must be beginning to surge through the team. McInnes has been far too easy to drop the youngster for the experienced player in the past but McLennan is our future not GMS

..and if Lowe does leave then McInnes needs to find a similar type to replace. He's provided that energy down the flank which was lacking with Considine. Although, I'm still not certain about Lowe's defensive qualities, it's nice to have a natural wing-back on the left side for a change
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 19-12-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Does it?

I'm nae here to argue as I cant be assed

I personally don't think the usual suspects hide here at all

We all support Aberdeen. None of us want them to lose (even though we are told it over and over and over that some do)We all have our own views. We all see games differently. Some bum up some don't. Ill never trust McInnes or like him some will. Some like Considine. I'm sure some like Stewart Milne. If everyone had the same opinions the world would be sh@te

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast