+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Toys Of Christmas Past

O/T Toys Of Christmas Past

One of the best I had was a Timex watch. Does anyone remember a couple of tall plastic boxers that you would press a button or two to throw a punch, you won if the opponents head would spring up? Spirograph was OK, wasn't stuck on the orange though

Had some great presents as a kid. I had a Hopalong Cassidy Timex watch, a massive tank that fired plastic shells and a transistor radio that was quite state of the art for its time. But the best present I had as a bloke was my divorce absolute which freed me up to marry the most wonderful woman ever.

I found the Timex watch ( with glow in the dark ) markings when searching dad's wardrobe pre Xmas when i was 10 ……..along with his dirty books :-)

Best ever present was a Moon Lander set which consisted on a plastic moonscape,a lunar lander on a balloon and a fan with lever system to allow you to manoeuvre the lander.

Bought from the magnificent CRITERION toy shop in Dudley which was the best toy and bike shop i have EVER been in,it was way ahead of it's time.

I always wanted a "Johnny 7" gun complete with hand grenade firing system but only one kid in our school's parents could afford it!

My favourite other Xmas presents,

Striker ( press the head and he will score! ) a bit like George Riley!

Haunted House

Cluedo

Mousetrap

Wembley Trophy ball in it's box

That game where the dice was in a dome in the centre and your clicked the dome to get your score?

ANY Xmas annuals such as Beano,Dandy,Whizzer and Chips,COR and others but not the broadsheet comic albums.

C r a p presents,

Subbuteo

Spirograph

Kerplunk

Turkish Delight

Clothes

I also had the same Xmas sack from being a toddler until i was about 21 and to be honest once it went something died in me as far as Xmas is concerned.

Those childhood memories are still so vivid and fresh though…….a pity that non of my grandparents or my dad are around anymore but at least my two nipper grandchildren have brought a new enjoyment for me.

We went on the Santa Express from Kiddie to Arley on Sunday ( steam train ) and it was lovely,very atmospheric,i highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    ............I always wanted a "Johnny 7" gun complete with hand grenade firing system but only one kid in our school's parents could afford it!............
    Talking of guns (and according to modern superstition ) I reckon this one would probably have gone down a right storm on the streets of Wolvo and Witton back in the day .......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVzs0lEULs

The Johnny 7 gun.

This was the bad Mo-Fo in the 60’s for us lads!

https://youtu.be/TxiwW5QBQNc

And the Johnny Astro Lunar Lander!

https://youtu.be/wmLMrMdIy5c

Unwrapping my new Frido ball was one of the memorable moments fir me.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Unwrapping my new Frido ball was one of the memorable moments fir me.
    Red or white? The absolute essential for a kick-around

Always remember getting Subuteo and Escalado, a horse racing game, never been interest in horse racing but spent hours playing that game, and that's going back nearly 70 years

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    ........... That game where the dice was in a dome in the centre and your clicked the dome to get your score? ..............
    Pop n Hop.........

............ we had that as well .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)