+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Vaulks attracting attention

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    They are quoting 1.5 million,I like will but I would snatch their hand off at 1.5.
    Get up to date,that value is the minimum price.Players of his calibre don't come up for sale very often.

I too think he has improved this season. He is a wonderful ambassador for the club and wears his heart on his sleeve which stands him in good stead with the fans. But his passing is wayward more often then not and gets caught with his lack of pace. If anything like £1.5 million is offered I'd grab it quick.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Get up to date,that value is the minimum price.Players of his calibre don't come up for sale very often.
    I don’t know what you drink bill but if you think he is worth more than 1.5ml it’s bloody good stuff & I am not knocking him he is just not worth that.

Top bloke does loads for charity and comes across as a genuinely nice person.
    Footballing wise lower end championship or top end league 1 level imo.
    £1.5 million I would snatch there hands off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Fair quote. He can be poor but on his day he's unplayable. WHEN he shoots on target it's great to see with the majority ending up in the net. His ability to get up and head a ball is also a great asset for his height.

Getting stuck in where it hurts doesn't faze him and what midfield is all about and his throwing ability is one of the best I've ever witnessed.

Downsides - petulant, giving away niggly fouls, has a lot to say to officials, can be a hot head in close quarters again giving away unnecessary fouls. Wayward passing and over shooting a ball but, I'm describing a host of players there not just Will.

The man himself - A beautiful humanitarian who thinks more of others than himself. His contribution to those less fortunate then himself is for all to see, take Bluebell Wood hospice for instance. Not only an ambassador but spends an awful lot of time up there on his free time.

Everyone has their faults bogsdollox even you and me, the thing is though, Will is in the public limelight where faults are easy to pick more. I for one would not like to see Will go but he needs to work on certain parts of his game.
    Agree with all of this Brin. I would add to the positives that he is more concerned about the team’s success than personal glory. They way he celebrated clearing off the line v Sheffield United was comparable with a scoring a winner celebration.

He also has willingly slotted in across the back 4 and done a good job there when asked.

Been my favourite player this season.

He is exactly the sort of player we need, so 1.5m is no where near enough.

His value to us is what needs measured. We need to say without him (and I'm another that thinks having someone like that in the team brings everyone up a level, it isn't just about individual skill) we could go down. So he's worth at least £4-5m because that's the value of avoiding the drop.

Proven player, scorer, Captain. No cheap deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
    His value to us is what needs measured. We need to say without him (and I'm another that thinks having someone like that in the team brings everyone up a level, it isn't just about individual skill) we could go down. So he's worth at least £4-5m because that's the value of avoiding the drop.

Proven player, scorer, Captain. No cheap deal.
    Was not his biggest fan but the last few months he has really upped his game, his distribution has become alot better and he should not be sold by any means

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    2 teams with premiership ambitions?
    hmm sounds like a player who's contract is up soon and his agent is getting to work.
    My thoughts exactly welovebooth

Snatch their hands off in January

I would sell as the midfield is a weak point, could do with a new attacking midfielder and another defensive one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast