+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will Vaulks attracting attention

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    He is exactly the sort of player we need, so 1.5m is no where near enough.
    with you on this

According to the power rankings, is our most valuable player, and #4 in championship.
    We need to keep until the end of season at least if we are going stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I would sell as the midfield is a weak point, could do with a new attacking midfielder and another defensive one.
    Problem is if we did sell him which I really don’t want since I love his flips would we have enough of money for two players like you say? After all if we only get 1.4 mil like papers are saying and a suitable replacement would cost 700k - 1 mil each would we have the money to bring two in?

Also another point knowing our club and spending what are the odds we would spend the money on players anyway or would we just bring in cheap players in like we have in last 3 transfer windows.

I personally think the loss of another captain , a fan favourite and quality player would be devastating to us and unless we got triple of what papers are saying I’d tell em to naff off

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Problem is if we did sell him which I really don’t want since I love his flips would we have enough of money for two players like you say? After all if we only get 1.4 mil like papers are saying and a suitable replacement would cost 700k - 1 mil each would we have the money to bring two in?

Also another point knowing our club and spending what are the odds we would spend the money on players anyway or would we just bring in cheap players in like we have in last 3 transfer windows.

I personally think the loss of another captain , a fan favourite and quality player would be devastating to us and unless we got triple of what papers are saying I’d tell em to naff off
    That's how i see it, Will is a major part of the team/squad, he's grown with us and i'd hate to see us sell him, or anyone for that matter this season.

The reality is that despite the fact Vaulks seems like a top guy who does loads in the community and has an affinity with the club, he simply isn't going to sign a new contract on 6k per week when he could earn at least twice that at another club with better prospects. If someone comes in with a seven figure offer then we have to let him go and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tony2606742 View Post
    The reality is that despite the fact Vaulks seems like a top guy who does loads in the community and has an affinity with the club, he simply isn't going to sign a new contract on 6k per week when he could earn at least twice that at another club with better prospects. If someone comes in with a seven figure offer then we have to let him go and move on.
    If this is what we start to do with players then I'm all for it. To buy players and double their value and then profit from it is really the only way the club can go within the Fair play rules. The fear is that we don't get replacements of the same quality.

Ideally we shouldn't let any player go till the summer and we have secured our place in the champ again hopefully. Then we should only let them go if we have got a suitable replacement in before. How many times have we let decent players go either not to be replaced or replaced by dross. Other clubs don't let players out till they have replacements neither should we. With regard to Vaulks I think he is replaceable but not easily.

Is Vaulks an attacking midfielder or a defensive one though?

To me he seems like neither one or the other, I'd sell him and get one each of the above.

you would like to think for 1.5 million you could get better or a player with a lot more potential

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Is Vaulks an attacking midfielder or a defensive one though?

To me he seems like neither one or the other, I'd sell him and get one each of the above.
    He’s a central midfielder who is also defensive midfielder

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast