+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Vaulks attracting attention

Will Vaulks attracting attention

Will we keep hold of him this January...Norwich, Derby and Stoke are reported to be interested.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...re_article-top

Article from Eastern Daily Press: https://www.edp24.co.uk//sport/norwi...erby-1-5822224

We don't have that many assets so if he was to go and Ajayi was to go the management team will be worth their weight in gold if we stayed up!

We should sell him and buy a decent ball playing midfielder - IMO Vaulks is not much of an asset , his passing is poor and his main problem is as described by Ronnie Moore - "he thinks he is better than what he is" that's why he makes so many poor decisions.

This lad has really improved from late on last season throughout this season and I can fully understand the interest in him .He looks very comfortable playing at this level and has many attributes.Warney has played a big part in his development and the chairman needs to take note and support this outstanding manager we have at the club.

2 teams with premiership ambitions?

hmm sounds like a player who's contract is up soon and his agent is getting to work.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    2 teams with premiership ambitions?

hmm sounds like a player who's contract is up soon and his agent is getting to work.
    You may well be right.

That's what he pays his agent for and why not, it's a short career. Get out of it what you can while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    We should sell him and buy a decent ball playing midfielder - IMO Vaulks is not much of an asset , his passing is poor and his main problem is as described by Ronnie Moore - "he thinks he is better than what he is" that's why he makes so many poor decisions.
    Fair quote. He can be poor but on his day he's unplayable. WHEN he shoots on target it's great to see with the majority ending up in the net. His ability to get up and head a ball is also a great asset for his height.

Getting stuck in where it hurts doesn't faze him and what midfield is all about and his throwing ability is one of the best I've ever witnessed.

Downsides - petulant, giving away niggly fouls, has a lot to say to officials, can be a hot head in close quarters again giving away unnecessary fouls. Wayward passing and over shooting a ball but, I'm describing a host of players there not just Will.

The man himself - A beautiful humanitarian who thinks more of others than himself. His contribution to those less fortunate then himself is for all to see, take Bluebell Wood hospice for instance. Not only an ambassador but spends an awful lot of time up there on his free time.

Everyone has their faults bogsdollox even you and me, the thing is though, Will is in the public limelight where faults are easy to pick more. I for one would not like to see Will go but he needs to work on certain parts of his game.

It is not so long ago,he was getting slated left right and centre,i was one who criticised him also,that is why,when it comes to judging players,we should probably keep our mouths shut,Will Vaulks has improved out of all recognition,he is far from the finished article,and much more improvement is yet to come,and it is RUFC that needs to get the benefit from it,not some other club,thank you Mr Stubbs,for signing him,at least it looks like you have done us a bit of good.

They are quoting 1.5 million,I like will but I would snatch their hand off at 1.5.

Vaulks was a target before this apparently, so were a few others.

If they were to go then Warney needs to pull a few out the hat or we are definitely in trouble

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast