+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mourinho

Man Utd can efff off, don’t mind Mourinho but a lot of their fans are bellends. Didn’t like them before Ferguson came in neither. Seeing them struggling has been a rare light in this dark season.

The Glazers are doing a great job.

An obscene £18m pay off for a conceited man who sadly believed his own publicity until it turned sour. You should know your time's up when you feel the need to demand respect. Our Jimmy never did it once.
    Man Utd have done more to damage English professional football than any other team. Their world domination has been achieved at great cost to the little guys including Notts. They have signed up promising youths willy-nilly and then rubbished their careers when lesser clubs might have made something of them.
    Mourinho had spent £400 million on players but 'there must be more' he said. Name one player at Man Utd who prospered under his miserable management.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Man Utd can efff off, don’t mind Mourinho but a lot of their fans are bellends. Didn’t like them before Ferguson came in neither. Seeing them struggling has been a rare light in this dark season.

The Glazers are doing a great job.
    At the time I got into football they were a horrible club with the nastiest fan base in the country, causing havoc wherever they went (including Meadow Lane). How they managed to shake off that reputation I don't know, probably because they were so bad for so long that the trouble they caused wasn't in major finals or in big games abroad. Once I became acquainted with the history of football pre-mid 1970s I could appreciate why so many people do support them, Munich and George Best are the obvious reasons, but after the wall to wall success they had under Ferguson they haven't suffered a poor run of seasons anywhere near long enough yet.

My mate is a big man U fan, even though he comes from Notts. In the 80's he would travel all over the place with me watching Notts and I would go up to Old Trafford with him to watch Man U (but only if Notts weren't playing).

I've stood in the Stretford End a few times which at the time was a hell of an experience I can tell you.

I don't mind Man U, at least they have a great history but I don't follow the PL any more, barely watch MOTD and struggle even to get excited about the National Team.

These days when thinking of Man U add to that Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs et al. Means bugger all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    A strange and unjust thing to say.
    It was said constantly when/before Moniz was here so I don't see how it's strange or unjust. It's up there with "you have to play 2 up front at home" and "Josh Lillis, worth a look?" in opinions that a lot of Notts fans don't seem to get tired of.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    An obscene £18m pay off for a conceited man who sadly believed his own publicity until it turned sour. You should know your time's up when you feel the need to demand respect. Our Jimmy never did it once.
    Man Utd have done more to damage English professional football than any other team. Their world domination has been achieved at great cost to the little guys including Notts. They have signed up promising youths willy-nilly and then rubbished their careers when lesser clubs might have made something of them.
    Mourinho had spent £400 million on players but 'there must be more' he said. Name one player at Man Utd who prospered under his miserable management.
    I lost any respect for him when he was at Chelsea for the second time and had a go at the club doctor who went on the pitch to assist an injured player and he went on a full rage and rant at her for doing so.

Before then I liked him and particularly enjoyed his first spell at Chelsea. However I feel now the special one has just become boring and stale at the highest level compared to the likes of Klopp, Pochettino and Guardiola.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    An obscene £18m pay off for a conceited man who sadly believed his own publicity until it turned sour.
    My views towards Mourinho aren't as hostile, because he's achieved a lot as a manager and he's been a character down the years, but I'd agree that he has fallen into the same trap as many politicians, becoming aware of his own image, trying to live up to it and ultimately becoming a caricature of himself. He's no longer making decisions based on football pragmatism (which was his greatest strength) but rather, to protect his own ego. Unless he realises that, or a close adviser is brave enough to tell him, he won't rediscover his former glories.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I lost any respect for him when he was at Chelsea for the second time and had a go at the club doctor who went on the pitch to assist an injured player and he went on a full rage and rant at her for doing so.
    He complained at both of his medical staff and had every right to do so, he's their boss and wasn't happy with their actions, Chelsea were already down to 10 men and by the two physio's going on it meant that Hazard would have to come off and they'd be down to 9 at a crucial point in the game. The media and Eva Carneiro made it out to be a much bigger deal than it was, presumably because they could see the "anti woman" factor getting clicks/views but the male physio that was involved was given exactly the same telling off/punishment and went straight back to work and is still working for Chelsea now. Weird stick to beat him with imo, as is comparing him to Poch and Klopp who have both won the square root of zilch so far in their careers as managers.

The "obscene" £18million payoff is the rest of (or a portion of) his contract Sid, it's not his fault that he's a highly successful manager (one of the most succesful in history) and can earn that much money at this point in his career. I saw something today that said Moyes' original Man Utd contract is still running. Likewise Kevin Nolan and Harry Kewell with Notts, we just don't announce a lump sum "payoff" when we show them the revolving door at Meadow Lane, they get monthly cheques instead.

Paul Pogba should be the next one out of the door. The worst £89 million ever spent in football. For that money he should have been the next Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, but he's not in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    ....Likewise Kevin Nolan and Harry Kewell with Notts, we just don't announce a lump sum "payoff" when we show them the revolving door at Meadow Lane, they get monthly cheques instead.
    Well at least there's hope for Sheridan's kids this Christmas then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast