+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mourinho

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Paul Pogba should be the next one out of the door. The worst £89 million ever spent in football. For that money he should have been the next Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, but he's not in the same universe.
    For that money, which could probably buy every club in League Two lock, stock and barrel including al of their players combined, he should be the next bloody Messiah, not just the next Messi.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well at least there's hope for Sheridan's kids this Christmas then
    I wonder if there’s a clause saying the payments stop if they get another managerial job? Seems a bit unfair for someone to be rewarded for failure. Then again, the world of football contracts is one of life’s great mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    He complained at both of his medical staff and had every right to do so, he's their boss and wasn't happy with their actions, Chelsea were already down to 10 men and by the two physio's going on it meant that Hazard would have to come off and they'd be down to 9 at a crucial point in the game. The media and Eva Carneiro made it out to be a much bigger deal than it was, presumably because they could see the "anti woman" factor getting clicks/views but the male physio that was involved was given exactly the same telling off/punishment and went straight back to work and is still working for Chelsea now. Weird stick to beat him with imo, as is comparing him to Poch and Klopp who have both won the square root of zilch so far in their careers as managers.

The "obscene" £18million payoff is the rest of (or a portion of) his contract Sid, it's not his fault that he's a highly successful manager (one of the most succesful in history) and can earn that much money at this point in his career. I saw something today that said Moyes' original Man Utd contract is still running. Likewise Kevin Nolan and Harry Kewell with Notts, we just don't announce a lump sum "payoff" when we show them the revolving door at Meadow Lane, they get monthly cheques instead.
    Yes, the obscenity is football's and more succinctly, Man Utd's, rather than Mourinho's. Such amounts of money are eye-watering and an affront to the game as a community venture. But then I've made no secret of my disgust at capitalism in some of its more distasteful aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Yes, the obscenity is football's and more succinctly, Man Utd's, rather than Mourinho's. Such amounts of money are eye-watering and an affront to the game as a community venture. But then I've made no secret of my disgust at capitalism in some of its more distasteful aspects.

Fat Sham taking over as interim manager???

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    United at least generate their own funds and make an operational profit owing to a huge fanbase. They are not funded by an entire (corrupt) country like some other sides I could mention. The trouble they have is the Glazers, who milk the cash cow for all it's worth. Presumably Jose's awful style of football and results were a threat to the continued success of their business model.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    For that money, which could probably buy every club in League Two lock, stock and barrel including al of their players combined, he should be the next bloody Messiah, not just the next Messi.
    He was a commercial signing favoured by Woodward to sell shirts, advertising revenues and increase their global appeal. The new manager will either keep him (he is a World Cup winner) or at least get what they paid back. Messi isn't available to anyone, even Man City.

Hardy has probably pissed more up the wall on crap signings than Man United will lose on Pogba.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Paul Pogba should be the next one out of the door. The worst £89 million ever spent in football. For that money he should have been the next Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, but he's not in the same universe.
    Let's wait and see how he performs under the next manager before we say he is useless. Didn't do to bad at his last club or in the World Cup for that matter.
    Look at Hazzard this season now Conte has left, a new manager with different ideas and better man management skills can make a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I wonder if there’s a clause saying the payments stop if they get another managerial job? Seems a bit unfair for someone to be rewarded for failure. Then again, the world of football contracts is one of life’s great mysteries.
    Moyes is apparently being paid by United, West Ham and Sunderland at the moment

They're not being rewarded though, it's not a cash prize for being sacked, football's just a weird world where you can't seem to just get rid of someone because they're doing a poor job because you agreed to pay them for ex amount of years and if you decide they're doing a poor job it's kind of down to opinion

OGS it is then. Which is a good excuse to post this link

OGS 4 goals v Scum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123