+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I won the Bid for the 'Unique Christmas Prize'

Enjoy the training complex --it is a smashing place, particularly if you get a tour of the inside of the building.
    Well done to you as well for supporting a very worthy cause with a lot of money!!

over lunch....get your own back for us please - CM....talk about something really mind numbing....Insurance Policies should do it !

.....but seriously - nice one and have the best of days !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm simply not having that Alf. I have just trawled through ten years of Clarets Mad and can't find owt sensible from you whatsoever.

Anyway here's your annual Christmas wish...

Attachment 11314

I can can only wish for that ..lol

Well Done Matelot, hope you have a great day.

Its only right being a Claret you have some questions about your team, you'll never get the chance again so write them down on a piece of paper and ask in a polite manner, he can only say no which I'd think he wouldn't.

He's not going to give anything away on how the club is run is he Matelot, but I'm sure he'd like some interesting questions. Put tactfully I'm sure he'd like to explain what it is about Hendrick that the fans are missing. I'd love to ask him about throw-ins, so often they seem to struggle to keep possession from them, so I'd ask if he thinks this is a reasonable criticism, and what work do they do in training on them. I'd love to know why he thinks a back four is preferable to a back three, and why he decided to change it for the Spurs game, I'd love to know his thinking on that. Lots of things you can ask Matelot, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, have a good day, I'm jealous.

That sounds like a fantastic prize Matelot!

Perhaps he can help with the following question...

Does existential quantification apply to counterfactual statements?
    I'm not sure if logic is unitary or pluralistic.

Say hello to Sean from all of us on this board and a special mention from the Fareham branch!

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    OK fellow Clarets. I won the bid for the 'Unique Christmas prize' as advertised on the Clubs website.
    https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...ristmas-prize/

We haven't fixed a date yet but as you can see in addition to a VIP tour of Barnfield and watch a full training session the prize included lunch for two with the gaffer.

Now..... The wife is sorted and will just stare at him for the duration so.. Do I;

1. Have a pleasant lunch and enjoy my time with 'OUR' club manager
    2. Have a nice chat and see what his views are on the way the season is going
    3. Give my opinion as a life long Burnley fan who is pleased that we are a premiership club
    4. Bleed his ears and ask him what the Feck is going on

Irrespective of 1 to 4 above I will ask him what he sees in Hendricks that non of the fans can

CM
    Great prize and well done!

I think I would hone up on hand-made shoes and have him comfortably talk about a topic he knows well.

He would probably have done a background check on you as well so as to be able to talk about your interests.

The last thing I would talk about is the club's present situation.

Maybe talk about our past glories and past players and see how much he knows about our history.

I doubt the conversation would come around to players, tactics and funding but may throw a light on his view of the long term way forward.

Big picture stuff.

Keep it nice and at that level.

Anything else would be pointless and confronting and rapidly become embarrassing for both of you.

Have fum, relax and enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)