+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I won the Bid for the 'Unique Christmas Prize'

I won the Bid for the 'Unique Christmas Prize'

OK fellow Clarets. I won the bid for the 'Unique Christmas prize' as advertised on the Clubs website.
    https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...ristmas-prize/

We haven't fixed a date yet but as you can see in addition to a VIP tour of Barnfield and watch a full training session the prize included lunch for two with the gaffer.

Now..... The wife is sorted and will just stare at him for the duration so.. Do I;

1. Have a pleasant lunch and enjoy my time with 'OUR' club manager
    2. Have a nice chat and see what his views are on the way the season is going
    3. Give my opinion as a life long Burnley fan who is pleased that we are a premiership club
    4. Bleed his ears and ask him what the Feck is going on

Irrespective of 1 to 4 above I will ask him what he sees in Hendricks that non of the fans can

CM

Cracking prize is that one C_M. Enjoy!

Well done C_M ---enjoy whatever you decide to do.
    You could raffle off the place for your missus!

Don't give him ideas Supersub6, he might just decide to raffle off his missus!

Well done CM ..I wouldn't ask him anything,just tell him what a great manager he is and to carry on the good work.. No point in pulling the team to bits ,don't think he would appreciate that..

Wise words alf. None of us really know what is going on in the background at the club and SD is getting on with things regardless.
    As a conscientious bloke, he will be feeling the pain as much as anyone because he really has worked wonders at this club in a relatively short time and he does care ---in spite of what a lot of fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Wise words alf. None of us really know what is going on in the background at the club and SD is getting on with things regardless.
    As a conscientious bloke, he will be feeling the pain as much as anyone because he really has worked wonders at this club in a relatively short time and he does care ---in spite of what a lot of fans think.
    Every Preston guild I put on my sensible head Ashy..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    As frequently as that, alf? lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm simply not having that Alf. I have just trawled through ten years of Clarets Mad and can't find owt sensible from you whatsoever.

Anyway here's your annual Christmas wish...

Attachment 11314

To be honest I am looking forward to the whole day and watching a full training session. (At least Hendricks will be passing to another Burnley player).
    It is only a lunch date but the man is a legend and has achieved a lot at our club and there will be much respect from me...AND the wife who will sit their gooey eyed for an hour....
    I am going to try to tie it in with a home game so we can do the training ground and lunch with SD on the Friday and fit the game in on Saturday.
    The art work will probably end up in the shed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)