+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deid (local fitba ref)

Deid (local fitba ref)

Brian Christie, one-time Grade One SFA ref and Chair of the Aberdeenshire FA has died aged 59.

He played in goal for Malt Mill in the Sunday League in the 1980s and gave us gigs there when he managed the place earlier this century. He was an affa loon.

I believe his Grade One status came under question when he 'became involved' as linesman in a 'tunnel incident' at Firhill.

Good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Brian Christie, one-time Grade One SFA ref and Chair of the Aberdeenshire FA has died aged 59.

He played in goal for Malt Mill in the Sunday League in the 1980s and gave us gigs there when he managed the place earlier this century. He was an affa loon.

I believe his Grade One status came under question when he 'became involved' as linesman in a 'tunnel incident' at Firhill.

Good guy.
    I'm sorry to hear that. No age at all. He was a good lad, I recall him working the door at Mr G's at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Good guy.
    Sorry to hear that min, I genuinely did not know if he was in poor health, I suppose not being in front of the committee of late has kept me out the loop, most importantly though, condolences to his family at this sad time.

RIP

Sorry to hear about Brian. I'm sure I played cricket with him at lads club. A fine loon.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    Sorry to hear about Brian. I'm sure I played cricket with him at lads club. A fine loon.
    Aye, he played for Lads' Club in the Grades.

The club’s announced that there’ll be a minute’s silence for Brian before KO tomorrow.

The right and proper response.