+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome To Tannadice Mark Ogren

Welcome To Tannadice Mark Ogren

Lets hope you can turn this absolute train wreck into something we can be positive about!!

Looks like he recently sold his businesses in order to fund this takeover. Let's hope he got a phuckin good deal!

https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/2...g-into-sports/

From the other thread, seems more appropriate here.

I wonder what this means for the club. What are the new owner's motivations, plans, and hopes? Is Robbie safe in his job? I guess everything is on the table until we hear from the new chairman.

Interesting that he was involved in oil, had a quick google search but can't see much that gives any indication of how deep his pockets are. He owns another couple of sports clubs in the US though.

It seems his previous business was the retail and supply of oil/petrol rather than production, so I'm guessing he's closer to the Thompson's level of wealth than a billionaire.

Interesting/exciting/scary times!

sold one peterol station for near 5m dollars https://finance-commerce.com/2018/09...s-13-stations/

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    sold one peterol station for near 5m dollars https://finance-commerce.com/2018/09...s-13-stations/
    X that by 13 = $65M

We'll have won the treble by 2022....Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by shed_boy_21 View Post
    X that by 13 = $65M

We'll have won the treble by 2022....Maybe.
    On another site it says he sold his WHOLE business for 5 million dollars. Can't see him pumping in millions. I'd rather he had a good business sense than tons of cash. The fact that he's used to working in sports can only be a good thing. I read somewhere when he took over one of the baseball teams he wouldn't interfere with the coach's tactics etc.

I'm sure what he's wanting to do is spend ALL his money on us.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm sure what he's wanting to do is spend ALL his money on us.
    Why wouldn't he?

Can just see it now. Ogren being tossed aboot the 4J's b0llock naked (a bit like the bare arsehole guy doing the rounds on Twitter) after we win the Premiership next season...

If he did I suspect you've just put him right off.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    On another site it says he sold his WHOLE business for 5 million dollars. Can't see him pumping in millions. I'd rather he had a good business sense than tons of cash. The fact that he's used to working in sports can only be a good thing. I read somewhere when he took over one of the baseball teams he wouldn't interfere with the coach's tactics etc.
    Article in the Tele saying he sold the business for well into 8 figures. So I guess we can assume he has the cash to improve things, if not radically. It shouldn't take massive investment to get us out of this league, just shrewd investment.

I read an article about the American sport club he sold in 2017 and they were very complimentary about his leadership. Particularly that he doesn't interfere with the coaching side of things and he's acutely aware of how important clubs are to their fans and community.

Sounds positive!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)