+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-1 scoreline

6-1 scoreline

In the closing stages of the game last night , my mind started wandering and I thought that if we scored again it'd be the first competitive game I could think of that we'd won 6-1.

I've been at , or could at least remember other games with unusual scorelines, including a 6-0 win in Europe a few seasons ago , a 6-2 win v Hearts and a 6-1 defeat by Livvy, but not a 6-1 victory.

Can anybody think of one ?

The first one I saw was against Falkirk at Pittodrie in April '67, the week after we'd beaten the PJMs at Dens to get to the cup final. Davie Johnston tore them to ribbons.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...7&squad=Senior

There may have been others since.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The first one I saw was against Falkirk at Pittodrie in April '67, the week after we'd beaten the PJMs at Dens to get to the cup final. Davie Johnston tore them to ribbons.

Is Dauguava Riga the 6-0 game you refer to? Because that was 5-0...We lost 6-3 against Borussia Mönchengladbach in 1972/73 and beat Dumbarton 6-0 in the same season

We beat Forres Mechanics 5th August 1974 6-1 but that was in a friendly and we lost 1-6 to the died club on the 22nd March 1969 in the Scottish Cup semi-final

I don't think there has been any Aberdeen 6-1 wins competitively since the Falkirk match that 57vintage has mentioned

8th April 1961.
    We beat a now defunct team 6-1 at home.
    Bobby Cummings (3), Billy Little, George Brownlee and Ken Cooke

http://www.worldfootball.com/m/14013...-fc/rangers-fc

In our first season 03/04 we beat Clachnacuddin 6-1 in the Scottish Qualifying Cup. Our 9th ever competitive game

We also beat Aberdeen University by the same score at the same stage in the same cup the following season

I remember them like they were yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Before my time , min .....so disna count !

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Is Dauguava Riga the 6-0 game you refer to? Because that was 5-0...We lost 6-3 against Borussia Mönchengladbach in 1972/73 and beat Dumbarton 6-0 in the same season

We beat Forres Mechanics 5th August 1974 6-1 but that was in a friendly and we lost 1-6 to the died club on the 22nd March 1969 in the Scottish Cup semi-final

I don't think there has been any Aberdeen 6-1 wins competitively since the Falkirk match that 57vintage has mentioned
    Aye , that was the European game I was thinking of. Nae sure why I thought it was 6-nil , although I mind Barry Robson missed a pen.

And I can vividly remember as a young loon reading the back page of the P&J one morning in 1977 and being distraught at discovering that the said deid club had beaten us 6-1 the night before in the first leg of a League Cup tie at Ibrox.

"Dons hit by bolt from the blue" was the headline. Seared on my me memory, that is.
    Last edited by redstarfk; 19-12-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Aye , that was the European game I was thinking of. Nae sure why I thought it was 6-nil , although I mind Barry Robson missed a pen.
    That was a fixed game too

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    In our first season 03/04 we beat Clachnacuddin 6-1 in the Scottish Qualifying Cup. Our 9th ever competitive game

We also beat Aberdeen University by the same score at the same stage in the same cup the following season

I remember them like they were yesterday
    The Considine clan was at fault for the Clach goal. Hopelessly failing to be produce a defender until about 75 years later

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    8th April 1961.
    We beat a now defunct team 6-1 at home.
    Bobby Cummings (3), Billy Little, George Brownlee and Ken Cooke

http://www.worldfootball.com/m/14013...-fc/rangers-fc
    I was there!. And it's Ken Brownlee and Charlie Cooke. 3 of our goals coming when Eric Caldow (I think) was off getting treatment.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast