+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6-1 scoreline

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    I was there!. And it's Ken Brownlee and Charlie Cooke. 3 of our goals coming when Eric Caldow (I think) was off getting treatment.
    Ken Cooke !!! One of Scotland's greats was Charlie Cooke. When I were a lad back in the late 1980's, I met Mr Cooke when I was chosen to attend the Wiel Coerver Training Method. Even then I knew it was a great honour, although at 14 I didn't know who the f@ck he was...Only afterwards did I watch his stylish play on archive when he turned out for the fascists of Stamford Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    I was there!. And it's Ken Brownlee and Charlie Cooke. 3 of our goals coming when Eric Caldow (I think) was off getting treatment.
    Before my time so happy to accept your knowledge and I stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Before my time so happy to accept your knowledge and I stand corrected
    Before my time too, but it's the great CHARLIE COOKE min...You should watch him on YouTube. Begin with the 1970 FA Cup Final replay, one of the most brutal games in English football history before it became guffball and the physical challenge was barred.

Cooke was an artistic shining light through the violence that ensued (I'm especially thinking of McCreadie's kung-fu kick on that alleged racist Septic supporting No.4 of Leeds United)

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    In the closing stages of the game last night , my mind started wandering and I thought that if we scored again it'd be the first competitive game I could think of that we'd won 6-1.

I've been at , or could at least remember other games with unusual scorelines, including a 6-0 win in Europe a few seasons ago , a 6-2 win v Hearts and a 6-1 defeat by Livvy, but not a 6-1 victory.

Can anybody think of one ?
    Thon Livvy defeat, I mind being abroad and getting the newspaper, I genuinely thought it was a typo until my dad phoned in a rage later on.....they were paying more money than us then, still an embarrassment though.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Before my time too, but it's the great CHARLIE COOKE min...You should watch him on YouTube. Begin with the 1970 FA Cup Final replay, one of the most brutal games in English football history before it became guffball and the physical challenge was barred.

Cooke was an artistic shining light through the violence that ensued (I'm especially thinking of McCreadie's kung-fu kick on that alleged racist Septic supporting No.4 of Leeds United)
    Cooke had few chances with Scotland. However, he was outstanding in the first half of the Scotland v England Home International/Euro Qualifier in February 1968 (1-1 draw). I dinna ken if it's on YouTube, but he was in sparkling form, nullified for the second half by a Ramsey tactical change at half time.

Remember a 6-0 vs Morton in 1980/81 season when they were our jinx team.

Can't remember any 6-1's though

6-0 away to Clydebank on the last day of the League fixtures in 85-86 (laughter at Hearts' bottling it at Dens Park the same afternoon is still going 32 years later).

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    6-0 away to Clydebank on the last day of the League fixtures in 85-86 (laughter at Hearts' bottling it at Dens Park the same afternoon is still going 32 years later).
    Mind that day well Vintage, affa Bonnie day of sun/bevvy(had to get that in!) and Fergie resting a few players in preparation to stop Hertz winning the double as we chilled on the terrace not expecting to win 6-0 and Hertz doing what only they could do......
    Mind you my team have had a few close encounters this year, we’ve only been beaten 11-0,9-1 and 6-0 away and an end to end 1-7 defeat at home, we are turning the corner now......thankfully.

SF

They won 5-1 at Boghead under Alex Miller. Should’ve been 6

Undoubtedly saw Cooke playing but the thing I remember most is my Father going balistic because we sold him to Dundee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast