+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for the transfer Rumour mill to begin....

Spurs are in serious financial trouble. I am pretty sure they offered £35 million for Jack but it wasn’t the straight up cash the new owners were demanding. More likely it was in the form of u21 players soon to be out of contract or on the never never.

January will be telling. If they can resist United and whatever money they offer for Poch and if they unload Christiansen who wants 300k a week.

Elphick to be recalled??

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Elphick to be recalled??
    Hope so, the more I reflect on where it went wrong for him the more I think it was Bruce not putting faith in him which knocked his confidence. He's no world beater but has shown he can do a job and it would give us cover.

Cahill - yes please, and 2 FB's.

Gareth Barry anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Gareth Barry anyone?
    Done some research Bong evidently its worth 17 @ Scrabble

A guy takes his dog to the vets after it ate several scrabble tiles ?

The vet suggests the dog be given a mild laxative

He warns the owner “Keep a close eye on your dog as when he goes for a pooh it could spell DISASTER”

Almost funny freer.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I really don't want this to sound harsh on the lad but... from what I've seen of Tammy Abraham, he has talent but there's a reason he is on loan again this year. He isn't anywhere near clinical enough. In the game against Forest he could have bagged a double hatrick. He is a good player, but I think the stats flatter him somewhat so far this season. He could be an area mazing player in the future and should do very well but he needs to keep his nose down and work hard to impress and not believe the hype like so many previous young players like Berahino for example.
    I don’t think that your observations on Tammy are harsh at all Sam, they’re not even critical really. He does miss a lot, but as you pointed out, we have a youngster learning his trade with us. He has played with all of our other forwards and always gets into goal scoring positions, unlike the others who never seem to find the same space. His positional sense ensures that he gets enough chances to score in most games.

You’re right, he isn’t clinical enough yet. A clinical striker would have put/volleyed/smashed both Birkir and the ball in the net against pne. He will learn, and one day, someone else (unfortunately) will have a bloody good striker on their hands.

Back to topic, i see that DS is after Romaine Sawyers from Brentford, I hope he is. DS’s high energy game is based on an ultra high energy midfield. You don’t get more high energy than this lad. This will rejuvenate McGinn, who won’t have to run for Whelan and Hourihane. You gotta feel for McGinn, he runs himself into the ground and inevitably, through exhaustion, into the Refs book, 9 bookings and counting.

News today that Nyland has done his achilles tendon. Kalinic can’t play against qpr as his signing doesn’t come into effect until NYD and there is a 24hr ‘cooling off period’ on new signings. So that leaves Bunn, the Spanish lad and Sarcic. Bunn has been on the bench, so he must be the next ‘cab off the rank’.
    Not ideal to face that big lad Smith from qpr at set pieces.

Ivory midfielder coming in, Dakoure? 1 New Goalkeeper but No Cahill. App we cannot afford his wages? Could be a busy couole of weeks down VP.

Ps
    Richards to have his contract paid up so he can sit on some one elses Sofa and my old Fav, Ross Mac going to to Motherwell.

Who's this Hause bloke. Any good?

I'm going to ask on the wolves board.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)