+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for the transfer Rumour mill to begin....

We need support for McGinn, a LB and someone who can cross a ball consistently, in this window.
    70 grand a week for Bollasie? He plays for 3 mins over 10-15 game, only to tackle himself.
    El Ghazi, ditto, but a little more productive.
    Albert, just as inconsistent.
    Hourihane, conversion rate for set plays, passing forward and crossing is atrocious. Whelan???????????
    Our ‘Captain’. If he’s injured then don’t play him. He’s very average when fit.
    Taylor, oh please someone just take him away.

We're lost without Jack, him just being on the pitch creates the space that the donkeys need to perform.

I dunno so much Exiled, to go and beat Derby & 'Boro 3-0 at their place as well as be undone by the debacle at West Brom who themselves are going well doesn't happen by accident. Hutton can cross a ball pretty well from what i've seen but for any wing back to bomb forward their midfielders have to slot in behind and break-up play to allow any full-back to recover.

Football's a simple game and it baffles me why we seem to make such hard work of it mate! Our players have to accept that the opposition will raise their game when they play us so stand up and be counted.

You’re right mate it was no accident against Derby, Boro and wba , but we had Jack back then, and all 3 double manned him.

This squad of players rely too much on Jack with the space he provides to make them look good on the ball. His injury last season, and this season, has shown them up for what they are, bang average.

Yes Hutton can cross, but he can’t do what he’s paid to do, defend his flank or pass to a teammate without finding touch. Saying that, as bad as Hutton can be, 4 times a season, he’s a better LB than Taylor. Problem being, all of our opponents have sussed dear auld Al, and target him.

To tell you the truth mate, I’m at a loss as to where we go. Apart from a new LB, help for Mcginn and a crosser.

I do feel for DS tho, thinking that he’d inherited a squad of Championship superstars, when in reality he walked into a knackers yard.

Apart from that mate, everything is tickety boo. .

Like Sam said previously DS needs a pre season and another transfer window. It's obvious we need a mini clear out of the old guard and start building a team around the likes of Hause etc

He needs at least 3 more windows and time. Already seen ****ters on ****ter calling for his head.

That's the problem Sam, managers don't get that much time. Come the start of next season we need to hit the ground running.
    I've not given up hope for this season though. 2nd is still a possible target at a push.

To get up and stay up needs to be a natural process with the right manager and team. This "buying the best players from other teams in the division" has proved to be a nonsense. There are reasons they are so good at other teams and unless you are going to build your team around them it'll never be replicated at a new club.

It won't be this year and probably not next. After that Jack will have had to leave to further his own career, probably the same with McGinn. But for now the team should be built around them.

Look at Leeds and Norwich to back up my claims of a "natural" team.

Fair enough but how long did it take Leeds to get back in the premiership? I see what your saying though. We need to get rid of the old guard and bring in the new and do a Bournmouth.

As much as I didn’t like Lambert, the team shape he employed was always good. He had players that worked hard, just lacking real talent. To hear that Wigan outworks our players is unacceptable.

Chelsea has real talent and sometimes they get defeated, but rarely do they win just 1 in 9. Our club should be the Chelsea of our division. But they should not only be more talented they should also outwork their opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Fair enough but how long did it take Leeds to get back in the premiership? I see what your saying though. We need to get rid of the old guard and bring in the new and do a Bournmouth.
    They aren't in the premier league yet... and history suggests they'll mess it up in the last half of the season... but... my point is they went down to league 1 to build back up and now they are very strong indeed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)