+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Ray

George Ray

Just seen him “delaying contract talks” and then justifying it by saying he’s only just got back from fitness.

His comments in the piece seem to suggest he’s weighing up his options rather than wanting to commit to Crewe which is a real shame. This manager has backed him when he could have easily fallen into non league after Davis. The club itself have backed him over the twitter stuff not to mention the accusations on that pre-season tour.

I like George Ray as a footballer and think he’s one of ours that could progress to a higher level, he’s not ready yet though. If he shows so little loyalty to a club and manager that have shown him so much I’ll be really disappointed.

Hope I’m wrong though.

The only thing that should be on the table for the absolutely useless overated George Ray is his P45 get rid of the deadwood.

Leaving aside that drivel, I think we have to recognise that George is now 25 and, should he be offered a higher salary and better signing on fee, we must expect him to give it fair consideration. If he is as useless as some seem to think then he won’t get any offers. If, like thnhouse and I, you think he has the potential to play to a higher standard and will get offers. He has stuck with the Alex when he was fit as much as the club stood by him when he was injured so it’s not as though we could accuse him of being a money grabber like others who have left recently.

If I were a buying club I’d want to see him complete the rest of the season without further major interruptions, so I would imagine he won’t get many offers until towards the end of the season. I think transfer rules state he can legally start investigating offers within a few months of the end of his current contract so it is in his interests to play to his best to get better offers. Some will say he always should be (and I would never suggest he doesn’t) but as a rather more mature young man now he knows what’s what.

Drivel ? The bloke is an absolute clown:

1) He gets caught out of position
    2) Does not seem to be able to read the game
    3) Tackles with the wrong leg
    4) Gives many needless fouls around the box
    5) Misses headers
    6) Gets bullied out of a game despite his stature

To name but a few of his on field failures take off your rose tinted glasses and take a proper look at him absolutely clueless.

You can always rely on Wartman for constructive criticism

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    You can always rely on Wartman for constructive criticism

Come on!!!! Wartman:

1) Makes his point angrily
    2) irrationally
    3) Will not go to games and have opinions on them
    4) likes using the word clown

I’m all fairness to Wartman , Ray does have a habit of switching off and his ball playing skills are not great.

We look a lot more solid with him at CB though

Wartman seems to have issues with two groups of players - the youngsters aren’t good enough and are weak, whilst the older ones are all passed it (sic) and should be shipped out. This leaves George, Jordan and Ben who come in for individual criticism. Leads me to wonder whether any of our players are worth retaining....and where are we going to get the wherewithal to replace the who.e squad in the January transfer window!

Let’s have some constructive criticism to add a touch of balance please. We have all recognised that George has a clanger in him most matches, but the majority of posters have also seen how much better our back 4 is when he is part of it.