+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: january window

january window

should we get too exited over the players warne could/should bring in in january

over the past 3 seasons we have bought or loaned 18 players

facey,
    burke,
    shinney
    belaid
    cairnes
    becchio
    dawson
    thomas
    doyley
    odonell
    ekstrund
    purrington
    bray
    ajayi
    morris
    smith
    palmer
    lavery

When you put it like that...

Let's face it, the January window is notoriously difficult because clubs generally don't want to let their better players leave at a pivotal time in the season.
    I think the best we can hope for is a couple of loans who might strengthen the team in areas that need it.
    Probably not the best time to make permanent signings unless Warne has unearthed some gems that he's managing to keep under wraps.

Should be a good time to pick up players from lower divisions/cash strapped clubs who will be out of contract in June and able to walk away for free. However, that also applies to those teams looking at our potential free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Should be a good time to pick up players from lower divisions/cash strapped clubs who will be out of contract in June and able to walk away for free. However, that also applies to those teams looking at our potential free agents.
    Every club will be thinking the same, and we will always be outbid by clubs in a similar position but who have more pennies to play with. The feeling of missing out on our top targets is now a familiar one.

Look on the bright side,after the past few weeks our players don,t look as attractive to others,(and maybe us).

Somebody on here said Semi was worth £20m+
    Can't see a club taking any of our players at the moment. Too erratic

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Let's face it, the January window is notoriously difficult because clubs generally don't want to let their better players leave at a pivotal time in the season.
    I think the best we can hope for is a couple of loans who might strengthen the team in areas that need it.
    Probably not the best time to make permanent signings unless Warne has unearthed some gems that he's managing to keep under wraps.
    I’m not expecting any significant signings so I won’t be too disappointed.

Good post MM