+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reversion to type - Highland Huns

Reversion to type - Highland Huns

I remember I went up to see The Almighty at the Ironworks. That day the deed c@nts were playing Caley. The fact that the first two pubs we walked in had Rangers supporters clubs (Deanos and another which I forgot the name of) says all you need to know how many huns are up there. After the game was a nightmare. Could hardly get a pint for Invernesian huns. That was a horrible day. the Almighty were f@cking rocking though

I also know a guy who was assaulted by two smokers outside Deanos for being a "fenian b@stard". Bloody nose and a hurt pride. The reason he was assaulted. He was en route to Grant St Park to watch Clach v Buckie. He was wearing the green and white hoops of Buckie

Ive always thought ICT were the diddy team of huns who don't make Ibrox

The boy Nathan Austin is fae Hertfordshire?

Big sectarian issues doon that way?????

I recall when I moved North in 92 Caley in the HL were described, often by their own fans as "the r*****s of the north".

I wholeheartedly concurred in this description...........the difference being I MEANT it as an insult.

I stood in the auld Howden End a few times and it really was like being in amongst h*ns, arrogant, entitled, gobsh1tes who turned on their team as soon as things wernae going their way.

Ironically, I got to know their then gaffer John Docherty a wee bit..........Tim by birth who played once for us (a 1-0 defeat against Dundee in the 70s I think........but stand to be corrected if Leatherdale says different).

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The boy Nathan Austin is fae Hertfordshire?

Big sectarian issues doon that way?????

I recall when I moved North in 92 Caley in the HL were described, often by their own fans as "the r*****s of the north".

I wholeheartedly concurred in this description...........the difference being I MEANT it as an insult.

I stood in the auld Howden End a few times and it really was like being in amongst h*ns, arrogant, entitled, gobsh1tes who turned on their team as soon as things wernae going their way.

Ironically, I got to know their then gaffer John Docherty a wee bit..........Tim by birth who played once for us (a 1-0 defeat against Dundee in the 70s I think........but stand to be corrected if Leatherdale says different).
    Aye aye Sneckers.....social media these days......anyway, I don’t know/care where the ICT player that shouted comes from as in all the times I’ve watched us play them I’ve never once encountered an undercurrent of h unnishness about them, I hope to see them promoted tbh.

AC no game the morn = a day out in the deen cheering on the dandies with a few chaps, makes a change.

Your team had a tough friendly V The Hive on Wednesday, they only won 7-0 !!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I remember I went up to see The Almighty at the Ironworks. That day the deed c@nts were playing Caley. The fact that the first two pubs we walked in had Rangers supporters clubs (Deanos and another which I forgot the name of) says all you need to know how many huns are up there. After the game was a nightmare. Could hardly get a pint for Invernesian huns. That was a horrible day. the Almighty were f@cking rocking though

I also know a guy who was assaulted by two smokers outside Deanos for being a "fenian b@stard". Bloody nose and a hurt pride. The reason he was assaulted. He was en route to Grant St Park to watch Clach v Buckie. He was wearing the green and white hoops of Buckie

Ive always thought ICT were the diddy team of huns who don't make Ibrox
    I always thought it was 50/50 with them,they either supported the Huns or the Tim’s and ICT was their little team. Particularly when they started off in the lower divisions.

I would have thought the younger fans would start to only support ICT nowadays considering they are in the SPFL most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Aye aye Sneckers.....social media these days......anyway, I don’t know/care where the ICT player that shouted comes from as in all the times I’ve watched us play them I’ve never once encountered an undercurrent of h unnishness about them, I hope to see them promoted tbh.

AC no game the morn = a day out in the deen cheering on the dandies with a few chaps, makes a change.

Your team had a tough friendly V The Hive on Wednesday, they only won 7-0 !!

SF
    Aye? Sneck Snr never reported that back.

I think the demographic of ICT is different from the Highland League Caley, who definitely had a "Govan-esque" feel to their socio-cultural zeitgeist.

I took an immediate dislike to them first time I entered Telford Street and became a Clacher fairly soon thereafter, only partly because the first time I ........ "troubled the scorers"........ following my move North was with a lassie I met in the Clach Social Club (I know, I know........but it was the lounge at least) the night the Lilleys beat the Jags in the league cup final.

Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I always thought it was 50/50 with them,they either supported the Huns or the Tim’s and ICT was their little team. Particularly when they started off in the lower divisions.

I would have thought the younger fans would start to only support ICT nowadays considering they are in the SPFL most of the time.
    More or less, but in common with most youngsters now it's more likely ICT and Man City/United/Chelsea etc. etc.

First the coward who run beat up his ex and now this odious piece of filth.

Horrible club.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Aye? Sneck Snr never reported that back.

I think the demographic of ICT is different from the Highland League Caley, who definitely had a "Govan-esque" feel to their socio-cultural zeitgeist.

I took an immediate dislike to them first time I entered Telford Street and became a Clacher fairly soon thereafter, only partly because the first time I ........ "troubled the scorers"........ following my move North was with a lassie I met in the Clach Social Club (I know, I know........but it was the lounge at least) the night the Lilleys beat the Jags in the league cup final.

Happy days!
    Kicking leaves and whistling the next morning Sneckers??
    RD and I are taking the choo choo the morn, hooking up with some chaps in The Pitt, post match.

Boxing Day, we will head to Ferryhill pre match......looking forward to it.

If you let Sneckers snr know I’m going with my dad to Gartnavel on Friday, hopefully like us get decent results......Livi the soulless place the next day and then back to the riviera for a detox!!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    a day out in the deen
    Where's that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast