+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Liverpool Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Saiss has gotta put that one in.

Overall, game plan mostly worked. Didn’t want them scoring on the break or getting behind us. They’ve scored off possession. Back 3 have to do better, but Liverpool are top of the table for a reason. Would be nice to put a goal on the scoreboard though
    We deserve one that's for sure, we have been in front of their goal enough times.

Poor old Neves has stank the place out all game. One to forget from him.

Game over. We gave it a shot but just not quite good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Poor old Neves has stank the place out all game. One to forget from him.
    I kinda of wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest Neves, for at least the first half and perhaps start with MGW?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    I kinda of wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest Neves, for at least the first half and perhaps start with MGW?
    In hindsight probably yes.

We looked good in patches.,.pool looked good all the match.when we went forward it was with 2 men at most.they went forwaRd in droves..they always looked like scoring ,we seldom did.the amount of bad passing was ridiculous from wolves.we tried but simply not good enough to hold a team of their quality.
    Neves does not stand out at this level as he did in the champs

Liverpool are probably the best side in the league at the mo having seen the other contenders at the Mol, they have quality throughout. They were the best side on the break I’ve seen this season box to box effortlessly in three or four passes... And Salah is class... so comfortable on the ball, superb runs off the ball. Watching them play it flags up our weaknesses, we lack central midfield players who are box to box, Doherty does it but centrally it doesn’t happen other than when MGW is on the pitch. Neves is a bit out of form, but only looked poor because he was closed down immediately whenever he got the ball, most of the Liverpool team was in our half most of the game. To our credit we had good chances and played some good football, however we’re not at their level, perspective required.

A fantastic game to be at, with the atmosphere at the start after the light show and fireworks just electric. The weather as against Bournemouth was horrendous, the only difference was that the swirling wind and cold were missing.

Credit to both sides that under those monsoon conditions a fabulous game of football took place. The playing surface stood up well to the atrocious weather. I wonder what the pitches of the fifties would have looked like?

Liverpool are a fantastic side, like Norton says, the best that have been to Molineux this season. Credit to Wolves, that we were able as a newly promoted side, to go toe to toe with a team that were in the Champions league final last season, and sit top of the Premier League. To see players like Sala and Van Dyke in the flesh was worth the admittance money. They pinged the ball about with consummate ease despite the conditions. Once they had taken the lead they could sit back and try to pick us off, but to our credit we stayed in the game until their second killed it off. Not our defences best hour.

Listening to Mel Eaves on the way home, he suggested that if Sala had been playing for us we could have been three up before half time. We had chances but you need luck to run with you and last night it just did not. Jimenez ran his socks off, and Boly was once again immense. Not Codys best game, but again he has been our saviour many times this season. Traroe I thought did well, If the coaches can keep working with him we could have one hell of a player. He has strength and pace to burn, we just need the end. product. Neves is going through a bad spell at the moment, but fans forget he is only twenty one! Saiss for me was probably our man of the match. He worked really hard in midfield, never giving the Red players much time on the ball. Should be first name on the team sheet for Fulham.

Not the best start to the Christmas games but Liverpool are top for a reason and Man City will have a scrap to retain their title. We still have the FA Cup to try again in January. Probably with totally different teams.

The journey home was a nightmare, with massive floods on some of the roads, with several diversions.

Many thanks AB, for a well written report as always.

I don't think we feel too down about losing to Liverpool 2-0. As stated many times it's often about taking your chances when they come your way. It's just a pity we couldn't find the net. Traore with a couple of chances, Saiss also with a couple of chances, Doherty and Gibbs-White with one each.

The big difference last night for me between the two sides was the finishing. Liverpool's players are always switched on, if it's it's throw in, there's movement, a free-kick, there's plenty of players that want the ball. A goal-kick, there was always a player ready to accept the ball from their keeper. James Milner and Robertson made the pitch look big by constantly working down either flank. It was always pass and go. The Liverpool midfield, especially Henderson and Fabinho made it look so easy. The number of times the latter had the ball off Alisson was untrue. As for their forwards, so much talent and switched on and tempo was quick.

I think lessons can be taken from both the goals we conceded, the first one for the movement of Fabinho, Salah showed how good he was with his finish. van Dijk is a class act at the back for Liverpool, but at the other end he showed that he can score too, it's just a pity we allowed him to get in behind us.

We have done well so far this season against the so called big clubs and last night it was no different, despite what the final score reads. I also think going back to one of our players, in my eyes it was Traore's best game for us in the limited number of games he has started for us!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)