+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Q&A from new owner

All of that is fine and well but we are taking about financial performance here, they'd what the new owner will be interested in.

Agree we get new owners and most on here are mumping already. Canna mind of any millionaires who support us in the Dundee area wanting to buy the club.
    He's bought 86% of the shares for a million quid. If we get back up and competing at the top end of the league he might eventually make a some kind of profit on his investment.

I'm not mumping, just pondering about the motivation of the new owner. He wants to make money but not many of us can get our head around how that's possible. One of the reasons is stated by you already, how many folk even want to buy a football club?

I appreciate the honestly from him but if he'd come in and said he wasn't interested in making money and wanted success I'd be a lot more comfortable with the situation.

I'm not convinced he understands exactly what he's got into and I'm a little fearful about what happens when he does. I'm probably well wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I agree he won’t make an operating profit and must know it.

Seems motivated partly for the love of it and with hope that there will some big sell on at the end.

BTW aren’t the Americans across the road going to cash if nou campy ever built -or is that definitely finished now
    Was up at Campy this morning checking on progress, and there is definitely a sign of a Dundee FC footprint on the site. I can confirm there is a Tesco trolley now positioned in the lower field.

In one interview he scoffed at the notion that he paid “just” 1 million.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post

I appreciate the honestly from him but if he'd come in and said he wasn't interested in making money and wanted success I'd be a lot more comfortable with the situation.
    What we need then is another Eddie Thompson without any offspring or spouse. A supporter of the club who spent a lot of his personal wealth to get success. Who in my opinion never had any intention of trying to get it back unlike his family after he died.

Would rather not have them as tenants for any kind of fee, however more than 600k would be fair, seeing as they aren't used to having stands like the George Fox or Eddie T

Then off yi pop, enjoy campy at the edge of toon, prefer being central and near the centre

Could be the start . Rumour is there trying to strike a deal with United about ground sharing Tannadice until there new stadium is up and running.
    It's costing them a fortune in rent for Dens every year.

Feck knows what happened to my previous post��

I think we should just leave it costing them a fortune

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)