+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Snowflakes in Brighton

Snowflakes in Brighton

On the back of all this recent bad behaviour by football fans Brighton have released figures that state the number of arrests at home matches for homophobic, racist, anti semetic chanting this is season is double that of the previous 4 seasons combined. Now either us football fans have got 8 times worse or it's just that everyone is now so sensitive to anything and everything that this figure has increased so.

When the away fans sang "Does your boyfriend know you're here" and Brighton fans retort was "You're too ugly to be gay" I thought it a good bit of banter and not the least bit offensive. Interestingly all my kids think it is offensive and it's right to ban it.

In the words of Peter Green "Oh Well"

I honestly don't understand all this "offended" boll ox.
    Calling other kids names is a natural thing that 3 year-olds do, and every single kid learned to take it, get offended, take it on the chin, and grow up.
    If the human race is now getting upset over being called names it's a pretty poor reflection on the way we've evolved.
    These snowflakes are probably middle-class poofs and wusses who have been sheltered from the real world by their schoolteacher Mummies and Daddies.

ps I do break down in tears, though, when the Australian people call us "whingeing Poms". Can't the Australian Government try to show some concern?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)