+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Leeds

V Leeds

A must win just like Wolves game last year and im going for the same score 4-1. Their fans are not confident and worried about their defence however, Jack is out!
    Whelan to play again?

I’m with you on this Dave, although DS finally has the option of a fit Birkir.

We do need a spark to link a front line without Jack, O’Hare anyone?
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 23-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Must be on the front foot today, i think this game has goals but seriously we need the win, the Gap now is getting like the Wolves / Cardiff sceanrio of last year.

Ive always said if we can be top 6 by the NY then im happy!

Must Win today..

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post

I heard a lot of good things about that lad. Personally I think we should play Abraham up front by himself, El Ghazi on the right, bolassie on the left, Hourihane and McGinn sharing the number 10 spot throughout the game and jedi or Bjarnson as the holding midfielder

Aston Villa

Lineup

1Nyland
    27El Mohamady
    16Bree
    5Chester
    21Hutton
    6Whelan
    11Bolasie
    14Hourihane
    7McGinn
    26Kodjia
    18Abraham

Substitutes
    9Hogan
    17Davis
    20Bjarnason
    22El Ghazi
    31Bunn
    37Adomah
    39Revan

Quote Originally Posted by VillaRosie View Post
    Aston Villa

Lineup

1Nyland
    27El Mohamady
    16Bree
    5Chester
    21Hutton
    6Whelan
    11Bolasie
    14Hourihane
    7McGinn
    26Kodjia
    18Abraham

Substitutes
    9Hogan
    17Davis
    20Bjarnason
    22El Ghazi
    31Bunn
    37Adomah
    39Revan

Crikey .

Confidence eroding by the minute.

C'mon The Villa!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post

Bree as centre back! Fingers crossed for the lad... they've got Roofe and Forshaw playing who are dangerous. Hope Nyland doesn't take the view that he will automatically be replaced in the next game so he doesn't need to perform.

Another 5-5 coming up?

How disappointing was that. I watched it at work and a bloke said to me at half time do I bet. I said no but if I was a betting man I would put money on Leeds making a comeback saying we concede goals for fun.
    I should have put a bet on

Shocking second half. Blues fans must be in hysterics.

Can’t let our pathetic defence take any credit away from how well Leeds played today. Yes we gifted them the game, but their scintillating brand of football took full advantage of our misgivings.

We all know that our defence is p1ss poor and our keeper has been like a ‘rabbit in the headlights’ since day 1. His nervousness runs down the spine of those in front of him.

Chester’s positioning and distribution is shocking, as in fairness, baggieal has always said so. Even Pullis wouldn’t play him, and he knows a thing or two about defenders (nowt else though).

As mentioned before, why oh why does Hutton always give the wide men a run on him. They always seem to have acres of space when they receive the ball.

Bree seems shot of confidence, hardly surprising given his opportunities.

Elmo? Don’t wanna comment!

As for the ‘noses’ Joy Division, I’d say they’re pig sick that they got well and truly owned by half a team, as were your lot, despite the efforts of the Harlem Globetrotter who threw in that last minute basket. .

Have a good Xmas JD, you have, at the moment, more reason to be optimistic for the New Year than us.
    Keep well squire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)