+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alloa v Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Easy question then who would you appoint as the manager that is available and affordable??
    h

that is the question spike ,i dont know what queens class as affordable ,but i would defo look at the managers previous ,in style of play and attitude towards winning matches ,there will be diamonds sitting around the lower leagues and also lower english leagues ,to me we either stay with the manager we have which i think most fans will agree he lacks on tactical knowledge and he just isnt willing to change it up here and there , id say he is set in his ways with his style of play ,i suggest we need a manager that looks at his teams strengths and selects apon that ,horses for courses is whats needed tactically ,if billy reid was available id say jump at it as what he did with hamilton was remarkable ,built his teams through youth development and the players he sold on made them millions ,he had decent tactics a midfield man in his day and thats how he plays as a manager ,tactics that are around his midfield generals and that could change styles to suit ,someone with those sorts of attributes is what queens need .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 24-12-2018 at 12:22 AM.

I've thought for a good while that Billy Reid would be a good fit as Queens manager being a former player. Not sure if he is still in Sweden with the club Lee Robinson was with...

I'd be pissed off as well if I'd been asked to play up front in freezing conditions with a hamstring strain.....I'm not at all surprised that Harkins has had words.

Totally agree with many on this board, its time for the management to get a grip and stop farting around playing people out of position, refusing to start Stirling and playing Harkins as a loan striker!

That defeat was coming at Alloa, and its time that Naysmith woke up and realised that the wee part timers are not too far behind us.

As Ole Gunner Solskjaer proved on Saturday, - once the shackles are off, struggling teams (who have not performed for 3 years) can suddenly really play football and its time to let Queens express themselves with or without Dobbie.

Regardless, can we bang some heads together, - let bygones be bygones and can we turn up on Saturday with the intention of getting a result against Ayr Utd, - because if we don't then we could be seriously embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    h

that is the question spike ,i dont know what queens class as affordable ,but i would defo look at the managers previous ,in style of play and attitude towards winning matches ,there will be diamonds sitting around the lower leagues and also lower english leagues ,to me we either stay with the manager we have which i think most fans will agree he lacks on tactical knowledge and he just isnt willing to change it up here and there , id say he is set in his ways with his style of play ,i suggest we need a manager that looks at his teams strengths and selects apon that ,horses for courses is whats needed tactically ,if billy reid was available id say jump at it as what he did with hamilton was remarkable ,built his teams through youth development and the players he sold on made them millions ,he had decent tactics a midfield man in his day and thats how he plays as a manager ,tactics that are around his midfield generals and that could change styles to suit ,someone with those sorts of attributes is what queens need .
    Good response although I don't recall Billy Reid playing much attractive football and any rebuilding will take time and money. Not an easy nor a quick solution but Naysmith does need to ditch those negative tactics especially for home games. The criticism for the Alloa game seems to be over the top in that we had most of the chances and shots on goal with their goalie being the MoM. We have no divine right to go to the likes of these places and win as some seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I've thought for a good while that Billy Reid would be a good fit as Queens manager being a former player. Not sure if he is still in Sweden with the club Lee Robinson was with...
    Billy has been at Swansea since last June son !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Billy has been at Swansea since last June son !
    So I see.
    With Harkins now away the squad is even more threadbare...

I’m glad Harkins is gone, always had too much of a gub on him for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    I’m glad Harkins is gone, always had too much of a gub on him for my liking.
    Same here. Better getting rid of a bad apple, just like Mark Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I'd be pissed off as well if I'd been asked to play up front in freezing conditions with a hamstring strain.....I'm not at all surprised that Harkins has had words.

Totally agree with many on this board, its time for the management to get a grip and stop farting around playing people out of position, refusing to start Stirling and playing Harkins as a loan striker!

That defeat was coming at Alloa, and its time that Naysmith woke up and realised that the wee part timers are not too far behind us.

As Ole Gunner Solskjaer proved on Saturday, - once the shackles are off, struggling teams (who have not performed for 3 years) can suddenly really play football and its time to let Queens express themselves with or without Dobbie.

Regardless, can we bang some heads together, - let bygones be bygones and can we turn up on Saturday with the intention of getting a result against Ayr Utd, - because if we don't then we could be seriously embarrassed.
    We are in trouble now.
    Messing about with rediculous negative tactics costing us points for weeks and now a key player departments on the eve of a derby clash.

Manager better hope he can pull something out of the hat in the transfer window or else we could be heading southwards at a rapid rate with one man and his dog for the attendance!

Just to add. Is Semple returning or staying ? That will be another huge kick in the lower regions if the former.
    Last edited by deek5trans; 24-12-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We are in trouble now.
    Messing about with rediculous negative tactics costing us points for weeks and now a key player departments on the eve of a derby clash.

Manager better hope he can pull something out of the hat in the transfer window or else we could be heading southwards at a rapid rate with one man and his dog for the attendance!

Just to add. Is Semple returning or staying ? That will be another huge kick in the lower regions if the former.

im begining to get sick of watching these days and a good few i go with feel the same ,iv mist more games this season than iv ever mist since when i first started going to everygame in 1980 ,queens need to take a leap of faith and strive for better .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)