+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Old Extinct Pubs in Aberdeen

Staffing issues probably the main problem. Pint wasn't that great either but again that could be down to the afore mentioned staff.

Serves me right for changing things up a bit. Should just of stuck with the Carlton.

Scotias alright. I have had a few en route to the train after a match.

Run of the mill. Nae a hole or a w@nker shack.

I used to go into the Scotia quite a lot pre-match back in the day (talking 80s here).

It was a decent howf then, fell into the "proper mannie's........" category.

I've only popped in sporadically in the intervening years and hinna crossed the threshold in many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Staffing issues probably the main problem. Pint wasn't that great either but again that could be down to the afore mentioned staff.

Serves me right for changing things up a bit. Should just of stuck with the Carlton.
    Interesting. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I used to go into the Scotia quite a lot pre-match back in the day (talking 80s here).

I've only popped in sporadically in the intervening years and hinna crossed the threshold in many years now.
    I'd definitely rate the kings higher if you need to stop off in that particular part of toon pre or post match. I did get an unwelcome surprise in there once however. A non match day and 'penny arcade' was playing on the juker. I think we all know fit that meant. I drank up and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red
    A non match day and 'penny arcade' was playing on the juker. I think we all know fit that meant. I drank up and left.
    Somebody likes Roy Orbison?

The Scotia was ok for a couple pints after the match and we went there after games.. But it's pish now since Kev the manager packed it in 3 or 4 years...

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

Always a good beer shop post-midweek games back in the day. Spammer lived in Summerfield Terrace and would generally drop in for a pint and a bit of analysis of the night’s events. I was at a works leaving do in there a while back. Canna comment on the beer, but got mashed on Glenmorangie with the then MD and his da.

I miss the ABC Bowl, Croft, Copper Beech and the Argo for Proper Mannies’ live rock n roll, and the Harriet for THAT jukebox.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Always a good beer shop post-midweek games back in the day. Spammer lived in Summerfield Terrace and would generally drop in for a pint and a bit of analysis of the night’s events. I was at a works leaving do in there a while back. Canna comment on the beer, but got mashed on Glenmorangie with the then MD and his da.

I miss the ABC Bowl, Croft, Copper Beech and the Argo for Proper Mannies’ live rock n roll, and the Harriet for THAT jukebox.
    Spammer is a well decent sort, coached our coach many moons ago to captain at a young age, my father never rated him though, with this, it would have been rude to not introduce JJ snr to Spammer at my dad’s last match at Hampden, fingers crossed there might be another.
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    That just made me realise, that in my near 44 years of exile in toon from God's Ain County, I canna recall ever having had a beer in ony of the Castlegate pubs apart fae Freelands/Blackfriars. Of course, booze-induced memory loss back in the drinking days may mean that I was a regular in Portals without realising it.

Couple of haunts for me are now no longer

The Jug
    Malt Mill
    Short Mile
    Edwardian
    Egg and dart
    Torry Bar
    19th Hole
    Rosemount Bar
    Broadhill

Harbour is a sad state now. Nowt left.
    Best nights ever down there. Stagger or Birthday. Great times