+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Brom Post Match Thoughts

West Brom Post Match Thoughts

It was always going to be a game where we were in with a shout if we took our half chances, cut out the defensive mistakes and had a bit of luck. None of those three happened and so the result is what we get.

Just watched Man City lose at home to Palace who only had 22% possession so can we go there and win in a fortnight? It's a frightening prospect but as long as we can score worldly volleys from 30 yards out we'll be OK. Their bench also looks a bit suspect as all they could throw on today when chasing the game were Aguero, Mahrez and De Bruyne

On the bright side, let's still have a Merry Christmas as other results went our way and we are miles better off than we were 2 years ago.

Thoughts on today's events?

Seriously, our fans will be unhappy with the score more than the game. It was a decent game and in all seriousness we could have had 3 goals with the 2 cleared off the line and the penalty miss.

They have players that will be on more a week than we pay all of ours. We wanted to play Championship football to pit ourselves against the teams that can give it a go in the Premiership and we're doing it. WBA will be going up this season and will play much better against worse teams than us.
    Silly yet costly mistakes are what set the sides apart today. I suppose that you have to pay for players who don't make mistakes and that is the difference. We can't afford to and they can. A team littered with internationals against a team gaining recognition and are starting out on this magical journey is what was on show today.

Bloody great to be in this position because I wouldn't swap going to WBA for the return fixture to go on a trip to Fleetwood or Accrington Stanley.

Sometimes you have to doff your cap to a better team.

You saw what money buys right there. Quality finishing.
    If ever it’s ok to miss a pen today was the day.
    Other than our goal difference taking a hit no real damage today as the other results went in our favour.

Anyway on to Bolton.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

There was no way in hell we could have beaten them today they were relentless and to be honest I doubt we could have got a draw but I do have to say I was a bit disappointed with rodak today struggled to control the ball on a pass back fumbled ball on 2nd and 4th goal (no idea why he even went for ball leading up to 4th it was going out)

A great day for us today

Reading, Millwall and Bolton all lose so no damage done at the bottom apart from a bit o goal difference...Bolton game is the one we can't afford to lose.

Just like to say that i'm immensely proud of that team today, not a great result but once again put their bodies on the line to a man, and didn't get the luck they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    There was no way in hell we could have beaten them today they were relentless and to be honest I doubt we could have got a draw but I do have to say I was a bit disappointed with rodak today struggled to control the ball on a pass back fumbled ball on 2nd and 4th goal (no idea why he even went for ball leading up to 4th it was going out)
    Wasn't it going out for a corner?

WBA are probably the stand out team in the league offensively .

Watched them absolutely rip Leeds to bits a few weeks ago .

Put it to bed and move on guys , the real games that will define your season are yet to be played .

Tried to save a corner

Four self-inflicted goals. WBA are a better team than us, but really didn't have to work for their goals. Pleased with the effort and commitment, just a lack of class lets us down.
    A result at Bolton will put this result into perspective.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast