+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: West Brom Post Match Thoughts

yet from one corner we hit a post and another cleared off the line. Some of the complaints around me was ridiculous any mistake choose how minor was jeered and booed. I stayed to the end and was glad to see the vast majority applauding the team. I think tihs team is good enough to stay up and that will be a successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Because a corner isn’t a goal he was never going to catch the ball from where he was

And cam I just don’t think manning had a good game and I don’t blame him for hitting post it’s not like he can draw with his finger where ball goes and it zooms off by itself

1st goal I blame no one
    2nd vyner
    3rd no one
    4th rodak

Stuff happens we can’t change it.

We got our asses handed to us by quality players yes there was some silly mistakes but even without them we would still have lost.
    1st goal to blame was the wall for not jumping some fans behind me are just hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Some fans were leaving after the 4th went in on 55 mins.
    You pay your money and your entitled to leave but that's a bit disrespectful to our players and Manager. In my opinion
    I'd think they should be made to hand in their Man City tickets
    It’s them mainly that are moaning because some of us are unhappy.

Let's face it we could have conceded three or four goals by HT in a number of matches this season. The difference yesterday was their clinical no nonsense finishing. Everything fell for them....rebounds, 50/50"s, ricochets.....but then you make your own luck.
    They looked every bit a promotion team as they made everything count when the chances came along.
    I thought we played well apart from the first and last goals.
    Williams to start at Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Let's face it we could have conceded three or four goals by HT in a number of matches this season. The difference yesterday was their clinical no nonsense finishing. Everything fell for them....rebounds, 50/50"s, ricochets.....but then you make your own luck.
    They looked every bit a promotion team as they made everything count when the chances came along.
    I thought we played well apart from the first and last goals.
    Williams to start at Bolton
    And Proctor pairing Smith if Warne has the bottle. It’s the only way we look threatening.

I agree about the corners being too predictable - same as last game. Some other poor decision making yesterday when we were attacking. Shooting wildly from long range, hardly ever trying to take a player on or play a one-two, resulting in four attempts on target out of 18, and some (most?) of those on target were headers, not shots. The other side of that was when there as a shooting opportunity, much nearer to goal, the ball was often being crossed instead. WBA showed how it should be done - we need to improve the coaching.

One defeat and everyone gets the kempoo blues.
    We lost to Leeds,. We lost to Norwich, we lost to wba. (Top 3).
    Time to doff our caps and move on
    Boxing Day is our best chance of our first 3 away points of the season. It's going to be a battle though Bolton are as predictable as us time to release the beast

I think it’s frustration Cayton?
    Not because we lost but we didn’t do ourselves justice at times by just giving the ball away missed chances and hoofing it at times.
    Not sure even if we had played to our limits we could have got anything but it would have been closer imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    yet from one corner we hit a post and another cleared off the line. Some of the complaints around me was ridiculous any mistake choose how minor was jeered and booed. I stayed to the end and was glad to see the vast majority applauding the team. I think tihs team is good enough to stay up and that will be a successful season.
    So we tried a corner different from what we normally do and nearly score...

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I think it’s frustration Cayton?
    Not because we lost but we didn’t do ourselves justice at times by just giving the ball away missed chances and hoofing it at times.
    Not sure even if we had played to our limits we could have got anything but it would have been closer imo.
    Totally agree. Time for us to be realistic as we're one dimensional. Playing football on the floor and we finish in the bottom 3. We need to relay on dead ball play, think it's 18 goals so far this season from the 22..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast