+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: West Brom Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    1st goal to blame was the wall for not jumping some fans behind me are just hilarious
    Was never a foul anyway so blame ref 😂

Very good West Brom team helped by us paying too much respect.
    They will be in top 3 we shouldn’t be in bottom 3.
    Proctor is losing patience behind a striker who will not score many goals.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    So we tried a corner different from what we normally do and nearly score...
    Yet when we took the short corner that hit the post all the old fellas were moaning saying ger it in.

Gutted about the result,but i think a lot of positives can be taken out of the game,we created a lot of opportunities,and should have had two or three goals,for me it as been a good first half to the season,much better than i anticipated,hope we make two or three decent signings in the transfer window,and safety should be achieved.

No surprise. WBA possibly auto and an excellent attacking team so no disgrace. Outclassed yes, tactically set up wrong, maybe. Did our lads try, mostly yes.

There Is a massive gap between the teams at the top end of the table and RUFC. Our battles are against the bottom half teams.

There is effort and there is class and WBA used their class to canter to a very comfortable 3 points. I reckon our fights are elsewhere not with the top clubs.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Was never a foul anyway so blame ref ��
    Looked like a foul to me, Gayle had Roberton beat so he pulled him back.

I went yesdi,my 4th visit this season and it's the first time i've seen Rovrum lose.I thought the Millers were well in the game until they scored the 3rd,in my opinion you conceded some poor goals,especially the 4th but they are a quality side at this level.For what it's worth i'd like to see Procter up top at side Smith not replacin him,once it had got to 3-0 i thought it would've been ideal to gi em a run out together.Good luck at Bolton and get em beat cos they've a awful manager&chairman.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t care how good West Brom might be, I don’t go to watch games for the management to set up negative.

I thought Towell was a good player but lately he just looks average at best, why?

Manning can go back for me , I just don’t know what he brings to the side, good penalties from him maybe but you just knew he was going to miss today.

2nd half we actually started to play but it was too much for them after the negative 1st half from Warney and co .

Don’t be too confident when we go to Bolton...

It’s quite amusing how many fans are moaning about fans being unhappy but how many of them left a good 10mins early? I know I didn’t

MOTM struggling
    Totally agree with the continually negative approach our manager has to football.Against one of the best teams in the league he plays Newell who couldn't tackle a bacon sarnie with a midfield who are in all honesty very poor.We have a total inability to move into space and want the ball hence continually hitting it long to Smith.We desparately need a Frecks type player who can tackle and is hungry for the ball.Our £1.5 million midfielder looked rather piss poor yesterday ...nuff said .

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Totally agree with the continually negative approach our manager has to football.Against one of the best teams in the league he plays Newell who couldn't tackle a bacon sarnie with a midfield who are in all honesty very poor.We have a total inability to move into space and want the ball hence continually hitting it long to Smith.We desparately need a Frecks type player who can tackle and is hungry for the ball.Our £1.5 million midfielder looked rather piss poor yesterday ...nuff said .
    I wouldn't criticise Vaulks too much,it was the Towell/Manning contribution which was poor,these are supposed to be the creative ones.The engine needs an oil change,not for the first time have we been over run in that department.A 37 year old gaffered the midfield yesterday.These two are on loan,why not give Wiles some match play.Having just seen Leeds,their manager has not hesitated in playing the youngsters.Managers in the past at our club, have never given youth a chance,I thought Warney might be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Looked like a foul to me, Gayle had Roberton beat so he pulled him back.
    Cam we have to blame ref for something or it won’t feel right lol

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast