+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much difference can a manager make?

How much difference can a manager make?

Seriously, does anyone think any manager could turn this bunch into a coherent team? I'm starting to think it's impossible. Yes, Ardley has said all the right things - we need to work on stopping crosses, winning both boxes, etc. But come Saturday afternoon, we concede four, three from crosses and one a dropping ball in the penalty area. Ardley also said he'd put a team out that represents the fans - that bunch out there don't represent me in any way. I'm embarrassed to be associated with them.

This team seems beyond help to me. If it's true that we can't bring in anyone until others leave, we're totally screwed. I think Ardley's a decent manager, but he's not a miracle worker.

Give him 11 new players with desire and we might stand a chance.

If we give him a chance and time and with the January transfer window approaching then yes he can.
    If we can win our home games just to get away from the bottom two would be massive and how important is the boxing day game now?

Today's result really does show all us fans that this could be the season where we loose our league status... an absolute shambles of a unit who have no fight or desire... last week Stead almost on his own dragged us over the line against Trannie but no mans an island and there is only so much he can do. I remember last year and Chesterfield who were apparently too good to go down... now look at where they are... and if you guys remember they played us off the park on the live tv match also... I am just stunned that these players will go collect their wages and go off and have a nice Christmas after that shocking performance today... where do we really go from here... I have a good idea where and it scares me to death... Mac have conceded 1 goal in their last 5 games where we have conceded 13 in our last 6... We need a miracle to get out of this but can anybody see it?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Seriously, does anyone think any manager could turn this bunch into a coherent team? I'm starting to think it's impossible. Yes, Ardley has said all the right things - we need to work on stopping crosses, winning both boxes, etc. But come Saturday afternoon, we concede four, three from crosses and one a dropping ball in the penalty area. Ardley also said he'd put a team out that represents the fans - that bunch out there don't represent me in any way. I'm embarrassed to be associated with them.

This team seems beyond help to me. If it's true that we can't bring in anyone until others leave, we're totally screwed. I think Ardley's a decent manager, but he's not a miracle worker.
    Got more chance of finding a German in a queue

In answer to the OP not alot ha ha.

Interesting to hear Ardley say exactly what Nolan and Kewell have said in their post match interviews, but I guess that the same players will still be selected in the next game. I hope not, but I do believe the next team selection will be telling on how Ardley's management will be.

I don’t think any manager could turn this shambles around without bringing in at least 3 or 4 proven players with the skills, desire and determination to get us out of this giant hole. And you’d assume that anyone who fits that description is going to have offers from clubs in far healthier states than us - unless they have worked with Neal Ardley in the past and want to team up with him again.

We also need to ship out some of the players that have got us into this situation - but again, who would take this trash off our hands other than a rag-and-bone man?

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Interesting to hear Ardley say exactly what Nolan and Kewell have said in their post match interviews, but I guess that the same players will still be selected in the next game. I hope not, but I do believe the next team selection will be telling on how Ardley's management will be.
    If I had to pick one of this season's 3 managers, (OMG) to get us out of this, it would be Ardley. let's hope there is some serious movement in the Janny-Tranny window owse I fear we are sunk.

Get the young lads involved in the starting eleven, promoted from the reserves/youth team in certain positions !
    They have the hunger and determination that will embarrass half of these amateurs !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast