+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Trew

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Nw6pie, I really don't get this idea that we need to go out of the league to rebuild, it's utter madness.
    Obviously, we don’t need to go out of the league to rebuild and I’m sure it would be an absolute disaster for us as a club (worldwide headlines guaranteed for the last game, though!). I’m simply saying other teams have been relegated and come back stronger - even if there are no guarantees, as Chesterfield are finding. And yes, we have a problem at the club that numerous managers have failed to fix, hence why we have had so few successful seasons this millennium.

I do think one of the biggest issues has been Hardy interfering. Demanding a change in style this season for one!

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    I do think one of the biggest issues has been Hardy interfering. Demanding a change in style this season for one!
    And last season when all was going well !

I agree he wanted a more attractive style of play but then so did nearly all our fans, the amount of people on here who used to slag off the style of play was quite high. Some even wanted rid of Nolan for this reason. Nolan had two close seasons and one January to leave us with this, AH backed him and was let down massively.

There is more chance of Teresa May negotiating a decent and acceptable Brexit agreement than Ray Trew being involved with Notts County again. And as much as I dont really like Alan Hardy he's streets ahead of his predecessor in every way other than his false delusions of grandeur...which may well prove to be his downfall!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Trew was a different league. Now we're crap but under Trew we were crap but there was this feeling of poison at the club by the end. Now there's not poison, we're just ****. All you slagging off AH for his social media comments, what the hell has that got to do with him giving Nolan the best budget in the league and ending up with this midfield and defence? Nothing at all, if you don't like AH fair enough but you need to differentiate between that and blaming him for the squad we have assembled.
    Ray Trew and his entourage were a cancer at our club, we now have a football dad at the helm who is clueless and as much as I get called bitter which I am most definitely not he sanctioned all Nolan's signings, the buck stops there. We are in dire trouble but this has been coming for ages. It looks like some are starting to smell the coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Nw6pie, I really don't get this idea that we need to go out of the league to rebuild, it's utter madness.
    Utter rubbish I agree, we should have been building for the last 10 years, going out of the league won't make any difference, look at Chesterfield, York, Torquay, Stockport!

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Jesus wept, Ray Trew nearly oversaw the death of the club - why on earth would we want him back? The atmosphere is still nowhere near as bad as it was in RT’s final season or two, when crowds dipped below 3,000 and the club was dying a slow death in the most toxics and hateful of times.

We don’t have a divine right to do well, and if we go down this year it will be on merit. I hope it doesn’t come to that, obviously, but maybe we do need to go down to reset and rebuild. There appears to be something rotten at the heart of our club, no matter who is at the helm.

Luton went through far worse times than us and look at them today. Same with Lincoln, Exeter, Tranmere and Mansfield, all of whom have ultimately come back stronger. Who’d have thought that Lincoln would now be averaging 9,000, for example.
    While I get your point that going down can often reset a club, it is foolish to think the same will happen to Notts. For every Lincoln and Luton, there's a Stockport and Torquay. I've watched Notts for coming on 30 years now, and we simply aren't the type of club that would just bounce back from such a drop. Relegation to the Conference is deadly serious - we have to understand that it could be the end, one way or another.

The cancer at the club started with the Trust and has eaten away ever since. One bunch of egomaniacs after another - all claiming to have "saved" the club, then finding new and inventive ways of screwing it up. At this point the whole thing feels like that film Weekend at Bernie's. Owner after owner parading the long dead club around, pretending it's still alive.

Do we need Ray to return and save us again? He made mistakes but not close to the scale of Hardy at the moment. Friday's comments that if the players play well over Christmas period then we are likely to be able to get better players in to replace them was another example of stupidity. He needs to disappear from the scene and leave it to the football people.
    You, sir, are what they call up here 'an utter pillock'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast