+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018/2019 Season: Half Time Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    You will not be missed.

My £20 will be.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men, apart from those who have a mind of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    My £20 will be.

Merry Christmas and good will to all men, apart from those who have a mind of their own.
    Trouble is,it's not just the £20 ticket,it's the wee extras some purchase.Only takes a few more to have a bigger effect on Notts' but Soccerman & Bridg4d will bale Notts out

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Trouble is,it's not just the £20 ticket,it's the wee extras some purchase.Only takes a few more to have a bigger effect on Notts' but Soccerman & Bridg4d will bale Notts out
    I agree Irish.

I love Notts, have done for nearly 50 years, always will BUT I don't owe them anything and it's not my job to "help them" as Joe put it.
    I just don't get this blind loyalty that some fans have.

I will still probably be at Crewe, FGR, Yeovil etc despite my initial rant but I certainly think what else I can do on some Saturday afternoons these days. I don't go automatically like I did a few years ago.

I used to watch another local sports team home and away until about 5 years ago but when the players attitude and work rate appeared to be questionable, I tried not going to see if I missed it, that was was 5 years ago, not been since, couldn't tell you who they are playing this week.

It's all about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As the Queen once said in her Christmas speech, it's been a horrible anus.
    Describes the owner very well Elite and being a betting man how do you view our odds of survival at the moment? 19 points after 23 games is half of what what Chesterfield achieved last season (38 and relegated). We need minimum 50 points to be safe, forget 55 so need to show the same form as Swindon have done up to now in the last 23 games, winning 8 and drawing 7 to get to 50. I wish NA all the best as he seems a genuine guy and hope he can turn this around. If only he had that training ground we were promised by Jan 1st 2019 to work on instead of Mickey Mouse Utd's ground we might just get the kind of performances required on a match day.

I do have a certain empathy with your views SH. I too have been a Notts fan and season ticket holder for the best part of 50 years. My main reason for buying a season ticket these days is to motivate me to go. Even so, this season has been a battle. I have already missed 2 home games and many times during the games I have been to I have sat watching Notts' all too predictable implosions and wondered why on earth I was putting myself through the torture. I haven't even considered going to an away match this season for the first time ever. Even in the awful season before Munto I went to over 50% of the away games including the awful defeats at Wrexham, Dagenham and the mighty Chester.

It is hard for me to muster up motivation and enthusiasm off the pitch when the players lack the motivation, pride and work ethic on the pitch. However, having said all that, there is something deep inside that I think will keep me going regardless. Maybe not with the same degree of unconditional loyalty and devotion but I'll be there most games wherever we end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    I agree Irish.

I love Notts, have done for nearly 50 years, always will BUT I don't owe them anything and it's not my job to "help them" as Joe put it.
    I just don't get this blind loyalty that some fans have.

I will still probably be at Crewe, FGR, Yeovil etc despite my initial rant but I certainly think what else I can do on some Saturday afternoons these days. I don't go automatically like I did a few years ago.

I used to watch another local sports team home and away until about 5 years ago but when the players attitude and work rate appeared to be questionable, I tried not going to see if I missed it, that was was 5 years ago, not been since, couldn't tell you who they are playing this week.

It's all about choices.
    The fact you had a 'rant' shows how much you care mate. Like all Notts fans, I'm hurting at the moment but it won't be blind loyalty that sees me down Meadow Lane on Boxing Day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123