+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4 goals - 3 down to keeper

oh dear. This is pure quality to read and if i was to imagine this post a week ago then its probably nearly word for word. I said to may mate at the last home game, before kick off but after the team news was announced, i wonder who will be the new player to pick on now Duffy seems to be off the scene. Well its not took long has it. Off we go with Fitszimons. Those same people slagging him now are in many cases, those who wanted him in last year. Half the internet wanted Collins wanted gone if you read all the comments. Fitzsimons was the better of the two . Well you got your wish. Now after a mauling at Grimsby, we aim our abuse at Fitz. Now, im not saying hes a good goalie, but why do our fans have to start persecuting certain individuals. The abuse i heard during game by certain fans was on Saturday was out of order. It now seems Fitz is to blame for everything wrong at our club . Just like Duffy was the main target. Any chance of our keyboard warriors piping down a little, and try to be more constructive with the abuse.
    Firstly, Collin was never actually that bad. Its also open to question who actually let him go and why. Secondly Fitz was never actually as good as people made out. We need to look alot deeper than one position to see the causes of this mess. In my opinion some on here have it right, It started with recruitment in summer and carried on into preseason and into the early league form. Its still open to debate how many can take blame tho. Nolan, Hardy, coaching staff, players, all have questions that need answering. But lets aim it all at the goalie. Lets pick on Fitz until Duffy reappears. Duffy was never as bad as some fans made out. Its also clear after Saturday he was not the sole problem. And neither is Fitz. So lets get back some sense, and stop picking on certain individuals. As one on here said January could be the most important transfer window in our history. Not one player or position is going to solve this enormous mess.

Quote Originally Posted by itsagrandoldteam View Post
    oh dear. This is pure quality to read and if i was to imagine this post a week ago then its probably nearly word for word. I said to may mate at the last home game, before kick off but after the team news was announced, i wonder who will be the new player to pick on now Duffy seems to be off the scene. Well its not took long has it. Off we go with Fitszimons. Those same people slagging him now are in many cases, those who wanted him in last year. Half the internet wanted Collins wanted gone if you read all the comments. Fitzsimons was the better of the two . Well you got your wish. Now after a mauling at Grimsby, we aim our abuse at Fitz. Now, im not saying hes a good goalie, but why do our fans have to start persecuting certain individuals. The abuse i heard during game by certain fans was on Saturday was out of order. It now seems Fitz is to blame for everything wrong at our club . Just like Duffy was the main target. Any chance of our keyboard warriors piping down a little, and try to be more constructive with the abuse.
    Firstly, Collin was never actually that bad. Its also open to question who actually let him go and why. Secondly Fitz was never actually as good as people made out. We need to look alot deeper than one position to see the causes of this mess. In my opinion some on here have it right, It started with recruitment in summer and carried on into preseason and into the early league form. Its still open to debate how many can take blame tho. Nolan, Hardy, coaching staff, players, all have questions that need answering. But lets aim it all at the goalie. Lets pick on Fitz until Duffy reappears. Duffy was never as bad as some fans made out. Its also clear after Saturday he was not the sole problem. And neither is Fitz. So lets get back some sense, and stop picking on certain individuals. As one on here said January could be the most important transfer window in our history. Not one player or position is going to solve this enormous mess.
    This is what a post looks like when verbal constipation strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    FFS sidders give it a rest,it's not an English class

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its quite clear that sometimes he's good enough and sometimes he isn't good enough. So on the basis of that he is not good enough. Another genius Kevin Nolan decision.
    I got the impression that Nolan wanted to keep Adam Collin and it was Hardy's decision not to offer him a new contract presumably because of his wages. I have always maintained that Collin is a much better keeper than Fitzsimons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I got the impression that Nolan wanted to keep Adam Collin and it was Hardy's decision not to offer him a new contract presumably because of his wages. I have always maintained that Collin is a much better keeper than Fitzsimons.
    They are both average for L2 at best

I believe that to be correct Elite.

What I cannot get my head around is that a few youngsters haven’t been called in our left backs are hopeless so why not play Williams-Kennedy or give Bird a chance ?

Some will disagree and say this isn’t the time but I’d disagree Mick Walker was brave and did this so why aren’t we trying it as it’s clear if we carry on with Jones/Evina we are going to get ripped to bits down that side.

1st goal Fitz did well to block a ball on a post he couldn't possibly get down to, how is he responsible for the rebound and defenders with their fingers up their arse trotting in from the right? 2nd goal he could have tried a bit harder to get a fist on it but he had a wall of HIS OWN DEFENDERS coming back to the goal line behind the attacking players!!! instead of someone on the goal line coming to the crossed ball, basic football ffs at this level, put one on each post ffs. 3rd goal, have you seen how high and how deep it came in on a level with the 6 yard box? and the defence ? 4th looked a pretty well taken goal. Apart from that he pulled off a few decent saves. All from the highlights mind, but play the goals back and pause at relevant stages and just look at our positional play (or lack of). Bloody kick and rush schoolboy stuff. No excuses but what the phluck is happening on the training ground?
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 24-12-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hardy's decision...
    Those two words are the root cause of a lot of issues at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Mr Perfect strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    1st goal Fitz did well to block a ball on a post he couldn't possibly get down to, how is he responsible for the rebound and defenders with their fingers up their arse trotting in from the right? 2nd goal he could have tried a bit harder to get a fist on it but he had a wall of HIS OWN DEFENDERS coming back to the goal line behind the attacking players!!! instead of someone on the goal line coming to the crossed ball, basic football ffs at this level, put one on each post ffs. 3rd goal, have you seen how high and how deep it came in on a level with the 6 yard box? and the defence ? 4th looked a pretty well taken goal. Apart from that he pulled off a few decent saves. All from the highlights mind, but play the goals back and pause at relevant stages and just look at our positional play (or lack of). Bloody kick and rush schoolboy stuff. No excuses but what the phluck is happening on the training ground?
    After a poor start to the season his confidence seemed to grow and he's rescued us quite a lot in recent weeks, give him a break.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast