+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 goals - 3 down to keeper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4 goals - 3 down to keeper

Title says it all.

Watched the highlights and Fitzsimmons was awful. There game plan was lump crosses under the bar and watch the idiot we have in goal do the rest.
    The last goal went straight through his hands.

We desperately need a strong central midfielder, a strong centre half and a goalkeeper.

To be fair, after his disastrous start to the season Fitz has been (along with Enzio) our best player. His lack of height and physical presence will always be an issue, though, and was badly exposed today. Their third goal was a carbon-copy of one we conceded against Exeter in October - when a centre half also scored twice against us - so at least we’re consistent.

Just another position we're not good enough in but he's not helped by having that lot in front of him. Confidence is key for a keeper but his must be shot. Still I must admit I'm not a fan of his, in this league commanding your area and collecting crosses is the basic and he's not great at either. Decent shot stopper though but we need Peter Schmeichel in goal to have a chance with our defensive play.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Decent shot stopper though but we need Peter Schmeichel in goal to have a chance with our defensive play.
    A little old now, but I've heard his lad isn't bad.

I bow to the superior knowledge of people who’ve seen us play more than me this season, but Christ, poor old Ross is, has and always will be a crap keeper. No one will really convince me that our defensive incompetence hasn’t been largely down to him this season. We’ve gone through plenty of defenders and he’s the only constant.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I bow to the superior knowledge of people who’ve seen us play more than me this season, but Christ, poor old Ross is, has and always will be a crap keeper. No one will really convince me that our defensive incompetence hasn’t been largely down to him this season. We’ve gone through plenty of defenders and he’s the only constant.
    It's a two way street but you are right! Sure the defence isn't great but they know he won't come for crosses so they have to deal with everything coming in which inevitably won't happen and a goal happens. He's awful, needs replacing ASAP

Agree 100% keeper should have claimed 2nd and 3rd before easily stopping 4th. By having such a poor keeper on crosses it puts so much more pressure on the defenders. Replacing him is priority number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Title says it all.
    True Fitz was culpable but let's be right there's multiple defensive errors on each goal. Woeful. They say defenders get confidence from a good goalie but jeez what must it be like to keep goal behind these donkeys? He was under slightly less pressure last year and looked a decent prospect.

But ultimately you can't have a keeper in league two who can't claim crosses. It affects the entire defence. We need a keeper, two full backs and a central midfielder as a minimum to stay in the football league.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Title says it all.

Watched the highlights and Fitzsimmons was awful. There game plan was lump crosses under the bar and watch the idiot we have in goal do the rest.
    The last goal went straight through his hands.

We desperately need a strong central midfielder, a strong centre half and a goalkeeper.
    I think you will find he was at fault for all four..,,,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast