+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 goals - 3 down to keeper

A couple of months ago I wrote to AH about the poor performances week in, weak (!) out. I pointed out how bad the goalkeeper was (is). The reply? Ros, apparently, is an excellent keeper. Flabbergasted was I. He must go along with his trainer, Crossley. To be fair to Hardy he agreed with most of my points which appear on here, from you lot, every day. Food for thought.

Anyone else see Turley push Fitz in the back after one of the goals? I think it was the third. It showed to me that the players are losing it with each other. The keeper has no faith in the back four, and they have no faith in him. Nobody communicates other than to bicker after we've conceded.

Shocking goals given away - we defended like a pub team and Fitz was dire.

Only watched highlights but cant see how fitz was to blame for all four. The third goal a corner where 2 players at back stick totally unmarked awful defending. The second when turley pushed him was just a total mess turley should be the strong centre half winning the header fitz had to get through five players pushing and probably was blocked, good corner though. We didnt stop crosses at all one player beats our defence with ease.
    We dont mark the attackers we just stand around looking up for the ball. Fitz made some good saves when they waltzed through. I think midfield is a big problem we dont seem to defend as a team we are too soft.
    Any good midfield as got a tough tackling centre midfielder who is a leader who puts his foot/head in breaks play up and gives it to the playmakers/wide men and we haven't got one. But
    Its unbelievable how many players weve got and been allowed to get by AH he must be minted.

Over the last few weeks many have commented on how well Fitz had been doing. He seemed to be returning to the form that brought him plaudits before his inexcusable rush of blood and the resulting sending off. Yes, he had a stinker yesterday but over recent weeks he has been greatly improved and has kept us in games on numerous occasions. Let's keep things in perspective.

Fitz had a very bad day at the office but he was given no help by our inept back 4 who were truely woeful, right and left back positions are a serious area to fill, at this stage I would even stick Hawks back there and where the hell is Ox.... The whole teams needs gutting but that won't happen... We are in the brown stuff and Stephens day against the Mac could be a season defining moment

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Fitz had a very bad day at the office but he was given no help by our inept back 4 who were truely woeful, right and left back positions are a serious area to fill, at this stage I would even stick Hawks back there and where the hell is Ox.... The whole teams needs gutting but that won't happen... We are in the brown stuff and Stephens day against the Mac could be a season defining moment
    I don’t think the game on Boxing Day is season defining but if we lose we will be rock bottom and staring into the abyss, January will define our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Only watched highlights but cant see how fitz was to blame for all four. The third goal a corner where 2 players at back stick totally unmarked awful defending. The second when turley pushed him was just a total mess turley should be the strong centre half winning the header fitz had to get through five players pushing and probably was blocked, good corner though. We didnt stop crosses at all one player beats our defence with ease.
    We dont mark the attackers we just stand around looking up for the ball. Fitz made some good saves when they waltzed through. I think midfield is a big problem we dont seem to defend as a team we are too soft.
    Any good midfield as got a tough tackling centre midfielder who is a leader who puts his foot/head in breaks play up and gives it to the playmakers/wide men and we haven't got one. But
    Its unbelievable how many players weve got and been allowed to get by AH he must be minted.
    came for the cross and missed it !

Its quite clear that sometimes he's good enough and sometimes he isn't good enough. So on the basis of that he is not good enough. Another genius Kevin Nolan decision. Why have a decent keeper at the club when you can have another average to poor midfielder playing in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Title says it all.

Watched the highlights and Fitzsimmons was awful. There game plan was lump crosses under the bar and watch the idiot we have in goal do the rest.
    The last goal went straight through his hands.

We desperately need a strong central midfielder, a strong centre half and a goalkeeper.
    Whilst Fitz did make a hash of the 2nd it is harsh to attribute any of the others to him. The first is scored by a supporting player who gets into the danger area whilst 3 Notts players amble back (Fitz having mad a fine stop at the near post). The third is poor marking, not 1 but 2 Grimsby players unchallenged at the back post and the fourth is down to Turley not getting closer to block the volley. He isn't perfect but in fairness to him, Fitz has been one of our stronger players in recent weeks and I can think of several others who deserve greater criticism.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast