+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A message to the rose tinted glasses brigade

A message to the rose tinted glasses brigade

If it is not apparent to you all yet and for all those people who criticise my rather abrupt and direct response to the way this club is being run eventually you will all wake up from your slumber, the average joe and unfortunately that is what you Crewe fans are is happy with the status quo and do not like change as this challenges your do I have salt and vinegar on my chips or not thought process I will spell it out to you

1) Artell was nothing more than yes man for the moronic coffin dodgers that form our board
    2) Artell has absolutely no footballing qualities whatsoever other than he dances to the tune played by our geriatric morons on the board
    3) The academy is an absolute waste of money
    4) And if I have to explain point 3 to you then I have proved my point

For the love of Christ start standing up for yourselves the fans are the club not the board and the current Crewe squad is not fit to breathe the same air as us. The following players should be released in January

Garratt
    Ray
    Raynes
    O’Connor
    Lowery
    Dale
    Finley
    Porter
    Miller
    Nichols

All of the above are absolutely SH1T and if anybody can find the time to defend any of the above SH1T then you need to go and support the Vale for as long as this bunch of coffin dodgers and their gimp believe you are on board they will continue to P1SS up your back while you continue to spend your hard earned cash, do the club a favour starve it of money and force them to make a decision. The world has changed and football has changed.

Point 3 has already been explained, you obviously do not read other peoples comments or you would not need to keep going on about it

If you take a look at the clubs accounts it is 2013 since the club made an operating profit of just over 2 million; since then that profit has been eroded and some as the club has lost nearer 3 million up to the financial year end 2017, and I expect the club to post a substantial loss for 2018. In order for the club to be in profit a few things have to happen

1) The first team wins promotion
    2) The first team wins a trophy
    3) The first team has a good cup run
    4) The academy generates a player worth selling

It appears to me that the success of the academy relys on a strong successful first team, and this will raise the stock value of our starlets. At the moment our young academy graduates are being thrown into a very poor first team squad certainly lowering their value and in the process doing irreparable damage to their confidence. It is no coincidence that the number of scouts at Crewe first team games have dwindled over recent years and this is a message in its self that the people we are showcasing our stars too no longer believe them to be there.

Mr Gradi famously said once that the academy was far more important than the first team and then he was right, but now I am not so sure as I believe the performance of the first team over the last 4 years has done serious damage to our business model and I would respectively suggest that currently the priority of the club should be to build a first team capable of success and at this present time this is not happening.

the end is nigh

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    If you take a look at the clubs accounts it is 2013 since the club made an operating profit of just over 2 million; since then that profit has been eroded and some as the club has lost nearer 3 million up to the financial year end 2017, and I expect the club to post a substantial loss for 2018. In order for the club to be in profit a few things have to happen

1) The first team wins promotion
    2) The first team wins a trophy
    3) The first team has a good cup run
    4) The academy generates a player worth selling

It appears to me that the success of the academy relys on a strong successful first team, and this will raise the stock value of our starlets. At the moment our young academy graduates are being thrown into a very poor first team squad certainly lowering their value and in the process doing irreparable damage to their confidence. It is no coincidence that the number of scouts at Crewe first team games have dwindled over recent years and this is a message in its self that the people we are showcasing our stars too no longer believe them to be there.

Mr Gradi famously said once that the academy was far more important than the first team and then he was right, but now I am not so sure as I believe the performance of the first team over the last 4 years has done serious damage to our business model and I would respectively suggest that currently the priority of the club should be to build a first team capable of success and at this present time this is not happening.
    I think the board have given up i mean look at them! like the Academy they have had there day. Never thought i would see the time when ACCRINGTON and ROCHDALE were bigger clubs than Crewe,which is due to bad Management none of those clubs have had the money that Crewe have had over the years but they dont have an Academy to waste there money on. This club at the start of the season had a Goalscorer who wanted to join the club Maynard they could not afford to pay him !! how short sighted is that,they could have got rid of the Assistant manager to pay for him,or in the past saved money on having a RECRUITMENT MANAGER (Baker) who had no money to recruit anyone? for the past 5 seasons now the season has been over well before Christmas the club is on the cliff edge now!