+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Celtic roll call and match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Aye McLennan was good for me. Could do better but he's young and inexperienced. He'll make a difference for years to come if he keeps it up. Wright was useless though, he's not smart enough. A GMS without ever pulling off a trick.
    Speaking of GMS when is he going to be fit again?

I realise it was a bad head knock but 4 weeks is a long time to be out for a concussion,it’s usually 2 weeks is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Aye McLennan was good for me. Could do better but he's young and inexperienced. He'll make a difference for years to come if he keeps it up. Wright was useless though, he's not smart enough. A GMS without ever pulling off a trick.
    Wright is GMS without the heart, aggression and bravery - just imagine actually being a footballer who is that soft 😳😂

Celtic are pish and are there to be challenged.

Unfortunately we signed Gleason and Forrester.

Expect Celtic to 2 sign half decent players next month.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Are you Willie Miller?
    Nope, but I take it he agreed with me. I just think man marking is fine at the beginning of a half when you've organised the team in the dressing room but when there are changes during the game players are pulled all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    How many of the four are defensive calamities????

I only have live text
    Calamities is probably a bit strong to describe them but all four goals were easily preventable.

First - Ferguson fell asleep and let McGregor get free down the left and when the cross came in I though Ball could have down better than clear the ball straight to Sinclair, who then pretty much had an open goal. Didn't see if Logan could have tracked Sinclair better so will let someone else advise on that.

Second - Eduard played a ball inside Considine who had easily a five yard start on Forrest but (yet again) was done for pace at LB. Forrest crossed for Sinclair to basically tap in - Logan also at fault for not tracking Sinclair.

Third - Ball played up to Eduard between McKenna and Ball, McKenna went to ground and failed to clear, ball sort of bounced off Eduard and fell kindly to him but then a class lob finish over an advancing Lewis - but did Lewis need to be advancing?

Fourth - ball played to Eduard wide left who then breezed easily past Ball and then Logan (who just basically stuck out a leg then gave up). Eduard drove to byeline and cut back for Sinclair to tap home. Considine had been covering Sinclair but he probably had to go towards Forrest who was closer to goal than Sinclair and might have got the cut back.

So in summary all five defenders at fault at times, with probably Logan most at fault overall (no surprise given his man scored a hattrick) but a bit of credit to Eduard as well who made a big difference when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Calamities is probably a bit strong to describe them but all four goals were easily preventable.

First - Ferguson fell asleep and let McGregor get free down the left and when the cross came in I though Ball could have down better than clear the ball straight to Sinclair, who then pretty much had an open goal. Didn't see if Logan could have tracked Sinclair better so will let someone else advise on that.

Second - Eduard played a ball inside Considine who had easily a five yard start on Forrest but (yet again) was done for pace at LB. Forrest crossed for Sinclair to basically tap in - Logan also at fault for not tracking Sinclair.

Third - Ball played up to Eduard between McKenna and Ball, McKenna went to ground and failed to clear, ball sort of bounced off Eduard and fell kindly to him but then a class lob finish over an advancing Lewis - but did Lewis need to be advancing?

Fourth - ball played to Eduard wide left who then breezed easily past Ball and then Logan (who just basically stuck out a leg then gave up). Eduard drove to byeline and cut back for Sinclair to tap home. Considine had been covering Sinclair but he probably had to go towards Forrest who was closer to goal than Sinclair and might have got the cut back.

So in summary all five defenders at fault at times, with probably Logan most at fault overall (no surprise given his man scored a hattrick) but a bit of credit to Eduard as well who made a big difference when he came on
    Good in depth info

I have a mate texting me tearing Logan to bits. My work mates in a group chat and they are tearing Logan to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

I thought Logan totally fannied it on Eduards solo run. Could have just stood up and taken the hit or shown him the other way.

Good in depth info

I have a mate texting me tearing Logan to bits. My work mates in a group chat and they are tearing Logan to bits.
    I don’t think any of the defenders played well in regards to the 4 goals,as aldo said they were all avoidable.

Good in depth info

I'd certainly not be unhappy if we looked to replace Logan either this transfer window or for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    So they had two central defenders and we played two up top but one of their central defenders was spare?
    We didn't play two up top in my opinion.
    We've never ayed two up front this season to my recollection.
    We played a 4-4-1-1 with May playing in the hole and dropping to pick up Brown in Midfield.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast