+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaz Slater:

Chaz Slater:

Hmmmm,

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  20.3 KB

That can only mean good news surely... AH has to be sick of the spineless performances this season and let's hope he is ready to act with his wallet, so many dead wood at this club so how in God's name is Ardley going to ship most of them out... Prob going to be the most important transfer window in this clubs history

I would bloody well hope so. This January window has the making of being quite possibly one of the most important few weeks ever in securing the future of this club.

We all know what is needed, the question is how much more will it cost to entice the right players to this club whilst trying to offload the dozen or so we need to in order to balance the books.

I honestly believe this will be one last throw of the dice by AH. Hold on to your seats, it’s going to be a bumpy ride folks.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    That can only mean good news surely... AH has to be sick of the spineless performances this season and let's hope he is ready to act with his wallet, so many dead wood at this club so how in God's name is Ardley going to ship most of them out... Prob going to be the most important transfer window in this clubs history
    Ditto!

Two things:

1) AH must realise that there is "no balancing" books to be done here. Within the rules of course he has to do all that is necessary to give us a chance of survival. That he is here again after two seasons is a massive shame

2) NA must tell AH to shut up about footballing matters. It seems every time AH opens his mouth about how we're going to do we get smashed. Saying that if the players play well we'll have more chance of getting better players in to replace them is ... shooting oneself in the foot. There is a super video of the great Jimmy cutting Dunnett short so that he can return to his training session with his players. Worth searching for if you haven't seen it.

Most of you know I'm critical of AH but he is his own worse enemy. I wish him success and he must really be hurting but he really is a naive conceited prat at times. I'd half expected him to start managing the team, he knows he wants to.

Get rid of back 5 from yesterday asap

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Two things:

1) AH must realise that there is "no balancing" books to be done here. Within the rules of course he has to do all that is necessary to give us a chance of survival. That he is here again after two seasons is a massive shame

2) NA must tell AH to shut up about footballing matters. It seems every time AH opens his mouth about how we're going to do we get smashed. Saying that if the players play well we'll have more chance of getting better players in to replace them is ... shooting oneself in the foot. There is a super video of the great Jimmy cutting Dunnett short so that he can return to his training session with his players. Worth searching for if you haven't seen it.

Most of you know I'm critical of AH but he is his own worse enemy. I wish him success and he must really be hurting but he really is a naive conceited prat at times. I'd half expected him to start managing the team, he knows he wants to.
    Very much my sentiments OP … he also needs to stop this #BeatGeorge crap at half time as well, it was beyond embarrassing at the Tranmere game. I’d rather watch kids doing relays around the pitch again!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Hmmmm,

It would seem that the state of things at Meadow Lane is significantly worse than our new management team anticipated. The really sad aspect is that they face what is the most important game of the season so far (Macclesfield) with only the present playing staff to choose from. There will likely be a lot more motivation in Sol Campbell's corner than Messrs Ardley and Cox can summon in theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Hmmmm,

It is said the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The same can be applied to this squad of players and expecting them to win when they take to the field. The win last week was significant as it was the only win outside of that good week we had out of the entire season to date. So it was important what the response would be yesterday.

Perhaps it was niave to think we had turned a corner going into the Grimsby game.

The most concerning aspect which has been said many times is how fragile this squad is and how we lack any form of fight.

I think it’s become apparently clear that this January transfer window has now become the most important in our long history as a football league club. It’s going to cost money if we terminate contracts but I think we’ve got to the stage where this has to be done. If the vast amount of players we have can’t get into this team then is clear to me that they are not good enough to play league football.

I really do feel for Alan Hardy who has already spent so much money and Neal Ardley who has a massive job on. It’s down to them now to work out some kind of recruitment strategy to bring in the players we desperately need to stand a chance of getting us out of this mess.

It may cost money now, but this needs to be weighed up with the cost financially to the club that relegation would bring not only over the next year or however many years we would be in the wilderness, but also the impact on attendances, sponsorship, merchandise and everything else.

It’s easy to look at Luton, Lincoln and other teams who have dropped out the league and come back stronger, but we simply cannot think like that. We thought that would be the case when dropping from the second to the third tier 23 years ago, we’ve never been back to the second tier. We thought that when we dropped from the third to the fourth tier nearly 4 years ago we would go back to the third tier stronger but we haven’t. So I would not expect us to bounce straight back to the fourth if we drop to the fifth tier. Plus that league is the hardest out of any to get out of and has the stigma of non-league which means a lot in terms of the clubs status and the players that will come to the club.

We must act now while we have chance and time to save ourselves.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 23-12-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Get rid of back 5 from yesterday asap
    It's as we were losing against a conference side Grimsby pre-season a few years ago that Ray Trew infamously said "Keep the faith...i will make sure this defence is sorted out even if it means bringing in a whole new back 4 "

In reality he never really did and whilst we've got a different 4 players I think the term "defence" is missing from their vocabulary.

We're not learning. As someone else posted "definition of madness .. etc". Let's hope that this is not a "knee-jerk" plan ("I must be seen to be doing something 'cause I'm the busiest man in the world") and that NA is driving the agenda.

Oh, and keep AH away from the interviews, in fact keep him away from everything except the cheque book.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast