+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Central defenders

Central defenders

Since Steven caulker left, we seem to have problems, either with injuries or poor form, yet it doesn't look like

We are interested in bringing back Kerr Waddell ?

Boyle and Innis are on loan, and I think one or both go back to their clubs in January.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Since Steven caulker left, we seem to have problems, either with injuries or poor form, yet it doesn't look like

We are interested in bringing back Kerr Waddell ?

Boyle and Innis are on loan, and I think one or both go back to their clubs in January.
    We really haven't had a centre back in form since Hendry left.

Odea gives his all but is exposed a lot of the time, Kesunga whilst capable has moments of complete madness, innis....not for me and no sure whether Boyle even wants to be here since McCanns sidekick left.

Waddell certainly wasn't the finished article and maybe needed time away to stop his he is expanding. Wouldn't be against bringing him back but feel we need better.

I'm just hoping he can bring in at least one experienced centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We really haven't had a centre back in form since Hendry left.

Odea gives his all but is exposed a lot of the time, Kesunga whilst capable has moments of complete madness, innis....not for me and no sure whether Boyle even wants to be here since McCanns sidekick left.

Waddell certainly wasn't the finished article and maybe needed time away to stop his he is expanding. Wouldn't be against bringing him back but feel we need better.

I'm just hoping he can bring in at least one experienced centre back.
    Certainly have not been impressed with Boyle or Innis, just watched the match highlights, and Innis, what is he 6' 3 and he turns his back on the ball !. Couple of years ago in England, he was touted as the next frank lampard !
    Watching the past few games, I think we need about 5 or 6 new players, problem now is attracting players when we are stuck at the bottom of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Certainly have not been impressed with Boyle or Innis, just watched the match highlights, and Innis, what is he 6' 3 and he turns his back on the ball !. Couple of years ago in England, he was touted as the next frank lampard !
    Watching the past few games, I think we need about 5 or 6 new players, problem now is attracting players when we are stuck at the bottom of the league.
    I couldn't suffer 2 Frank lampards so maybe a blessing he's not.

He's no even the next George mcgeachie.

A word of warning from Roy McGregor in the paper today about bringing in too many players at once. McIntyre will want to do that, so up to the current players to show up for Livi and Saints

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    A word of warning from Roy McGregor in the paper today about bringing in too many players at once. McIntyre will want to do that, so up to the current players to show up for Livi and Saints
    Gadz was chased out of town and being realistic he was twice the player any of the present crop are
    And a DAB slayer to boot

I agree with that, there were a few players released and replaced with dross, some maybe deserved to get punted but you need to replace them with better

Quote Originally Posted by ABERFELDYDEE View Post
    Gadz was chased out of town and being realistic he was twice the player any of the present crop are
    And a DAB slayer to boot
    McCann gave him a new 1-year deal then never played him, think that's correct. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    McCann gave him a new 1-year deal then never played him, think that's correct. Bizarre.
    He also extended the Basque full backs contract then suddenly started playing Holt again who i think was better suited to the scottish league
    Saying that he let Konrad,Holt,Mcginn and Bain go without replacing them with better or even decent players
    Ive left O,Hara out as he was pissh and flattered to deceive but now seems quite appealing compared with the nonsense that we are left with

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)