+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Ayr

Just beat me to it JR

https://youtu.be/l2S0gcOFong Match highlights

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Just watched the build up pass from Semple to Stirling again. Highlight of the game for me.

Despite Ayr controlling the game the best 2 chances of the match fell to Queens with Dykes in 1st half and Dobbie in the 2nd half. Shankland was kept quiet in front of goal for Ayr by Semple, Its hard to believe he just turned 20 he was again superb and what a ball it was to Stirling to set up the goal. Really hope we can keep him for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Despite Ayr controlling the game the best 2 chances of the match fell to Queens with Dykes in 1st half and Dobbie in the 2nd half. Shankland was kept quiet in front of goal for Ayr by Semple, Its hard to believe he just turned 20 he was again superb and what a ball it was to Stirling to set up the goal. Really hope we can keep him for the rest of the season.
    On reflection I think the point was reward for the shift the players put in yesterday. Yes it was far from pretty but given the circumstances after loosing two influential midfielders and fielding a clearly unfit Dobbie then it was perhaps understandable that we were on the back foot for much of this game. Despite Ayr's obvious dominance of the possession it was Queens that created the better chances and on another day, with a fit Dobbie, may have nicked that game. Credit where it is clearly due to the defence who all worked their socks off to restrict this dangerous Ayr side to just a few clear cut opportunities. Hopefully with the addition of Low and hopefully a couple of more loanees we can get onto the front foot again, particularly at home, with a balanced and a fully fit squad.

Mercer gets a bit of stick at times maybe rightly but you can't fault his effort. No one seems to mention that he is good going forward.Well, I think he is.

Our best 4 defenders are Doyle, Semple, Marshall and Fordyce. Not in that order, will leave others to decide.

Semple unfairly dropped out to wedge Fordyce back in when Semple is clearly our best out and out CB. I would like to see Doyle playing in his natural right back spot. Mercer is a weak link in the defence. Yes he does well going forward but he is a defender first, sadly defending is the poorest part of his game.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/i...mment-12628666 The above link has an excellent review on the game yesterday by a Queens fan Palmy Cammy. I was asked to put it on here, checked with Cammy and slung it on the site.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 30-12-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)